This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow dislocation/ biceps strain

Started by Samageddon, July 22, 2013 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

Samageddon

I have dislocated my elbow (radius) and have been diagnosed with a 2nd degree biceps strain.

As a result, I have been ordered by my physio to avoid upper body exercises for at least four weeks.

I can still do lower body and core but since pretty much everything in the foundation series incorporate upper body that leaves me just with single leg squat progressions.

Granted that's probably what I need to work on the most, it's not much to build a workout around.

Can anyone suggest alternatives I can use to keep sharp while my arm heals?

Flameous

There can never be too much arch and hollow hold  :P

 

I'm not good with physiology but can you possibly work your scapula movement in straight arm exercises? As the last resort just move your scapulae around with no extra loading and have huge volume. Ten minutes of rolling shoulders around will likely even get gymnast's shoulders tired :D

 

Also keep training with your healthy arm, there is something with body aiming for symmetry in neural pathways so trainng your other side will benefit the other one too.