This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090206

Started by Coach Sommer, February 6, 2009 · 2 Replies · 1,474 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090206.jpg

Perform:

3 sets ring strength series

3x5 Front Pulls

Finish with 10 Wall Extensions

Post your ring strength series set construction in the comments below.

notes:

1) The ring series should be the most challenging general ring strength you are currently capable of. For example: Basic Ring Strength 2. Add additional elements to this basic template as necessary to suit your ability.

2) Rest 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets. If you do not need to rest this long, your ring strength series is not hard enough.

3) Rest at least two minutes between Front Pull sets.

4) Front Pulls are found on BtGB, pg 150.

Jason Stein

I based my series off the one we practiced a few weeks ago.

3x:

2 S MU (attempt forward roll to support in between) — L-sit — Bulgarian dip — straddle L — Tuck BL — Tuck FL

5 Strict MU in 5 minutes, negative full FL exit

3x5 front pulls

10 seated wall extensions

Also, I'm pretty psyched to say I hit two forward rolls to support on the rings!

It seemed like it was the technique of bringing the rings together on my chest as I went over, which allowed me to slide into the false grip.

Also managed to sort of get into a BL.

Probably try to post some video. And it occurs to me now I should have tried 3 Bulgarian dips and ended on an L- pull-up, but anyways ...

best,

jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2AaB5fF-TY

Laney

I was sooo tired and fatigued yesterday but I did some ring strength anyway because I knew I wouldn't have time today. Not a super hard workout, but I needed to take it easy. Good news is that my ring dips are getting stronger! I will be attempting my muscle up again in the next few days :D

Here's what I did:

3x10 Ring Pushups

3x10 Ring Rows

3x5 Ring Dips