This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training a PE when you cant do the IM

Started by Michael S., July 21, 2013 · 7 Replies · 354 Views

Michael S.

Recently i feel a strong discomfort bordering to mild pain (and definately not a stretching sensation) at the inside of my right leg left and above the knee when doing any kind of straddle work which affects training MN/PE1-IM in my current cycle. Any ideas on how to best deal with this? I thought about just doing the tuck ups with 20s rest between the sets for one cycle or would it be better to use something like Jefferson Curls as a substitute to have active rest?

Also any suggestions on how to best rehab that area greatly appreciated

Michael S.

No ideas anyone?

P5yx

I would just stop training stiff leg windmills for a while. As you said you could do the tuck ups and rest a certain time between

the reps. Keep in mind that you shouldn't progress to the next element until you've also achieved mastery on the stiff leg windmills.

Besides you could to some light stretching after a little while.

Jon Douglas
P5yx said:

I would just stop training stiff leg windmills for a while. As you said you could do the tuck ups and rest a certain time between

the reps. Keep in mind that you shouldn't progress to the next element until you've also achieved mastery on the stiff leg windmills.

Besides you could to some light stretching after a little while.

This, but provided it doesn't aggravate anything there's no reason you can't add some pe 2 work also. Just keep the focus firmly on what you can do first, and obviously use appropriate caution with your injury

spyro7800

I am in similar position..I mastred windmills but not tuck ups yet..but I pulled something and cant do windmills now because of pain in inner hamstring..I started to do jeferson curls with mn/pe1...when my leg heals I will revise windmills to be sure of mastery

Michael S.

Thanks for the input guys!

MarcinTrybalski

That`s funny because i injured my hamstring while performing the windmills a few days ago as well ;) Anyway i wish you and Michael a good rehab.

spyro7800 said:

I am in similar position..I mastred windmills but not tuck ups yet..but I pulled something and cant do windmills now because of pain in inner hamstring..I started to do jeferson curls with mn/pe1...when my leg heals I will revise windmills to be sure of mastery

Michael S.
MarcinTrybalski said:

That`s funny because i injured my hamstring while performing the windmills a few days ago as well ;) Anyway i wish you and Michael a good rehab.

Thanks Marcin, same to you :-)