This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

iM's Maintenance

Started by Adriano Augusto, July 20, 2013 · 1 Replies · 181 Views

Adriano Augusto

I'm going to throw several questions that I posted on another thread but I think it's a good idea that they are on a single thread just in case.

 

It's supposed that mastery of first iM's is achieved when you do dislocation achieving shoulder width; ok. To achieve mastery, I've to stretch shoulders a lot doing , for example in my case, iM1. I mean, I've to dedicate time to get it again, although last day I would have achieved; I've to be so warm and stretched to do it.

 

When I'm on iM2 and I warm up with iM1, being just a warm up, it's impossible to me to achieve mastery in that frame of time which is warm up, because I've to stretch so much. So, the extra weight that I put on iM1 in the warm up it's nonsense if I can't go shoulder width.

 

Several questions:

 

1) If I'm on iM2 and I do warm up with iM1 increasing weight, how I'm going to do mastery of iM1 if I need more time to do it?

 

2) Due to I can't do mastery of iM1 without warming up and stretch like hell, it would be a good idea put in few concrete sessions of iM1 spread the week so I can get used to?

 

3) What is the sense of increasing weight on a iM If you can go shoulder width without warming up a lot before?

 

4) The most important: the nature of mastery is be able to do it without warming up?

Thanks

Michael S.
Adriano Flo said:

I'm going to throw several questions that I posted on another thread but I think it's a good idea that they are on a single thread just in case.

 

Thanks

Since nobody answered so far i'll give it a shot but keep in mind im just a beginner aswell :)

1) Not sure i understand your question 100%... When you increase the weight naturally the stress on the traps increase and you will have to widen your grip and work up to shoulder width again. That does not mean however you cannot consider that element mastered as you showed mastery with a lower weight already (or else you wouldnt have progressed).

2) Absolutely! Ive started to do them (almost) daily for the last month and have noticed large improvements. I do a lot of extra mobility work after my main F1/H1 work but i dont go to hard to not cut into recovery that much.

3) Just because its titled mobility doesnt mean that increasing weight wont make you stronger ;) Its just that if you demonstrated mastery with the minimum weight (3-5lbs) you can move on to the next element

4) Warming up is one thing but if it takes you one hour of dedicated stretching and warming up to be able to perform that element i would say you have more work to do