This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

John's GymBod workout log

Started by Ortprod, February 5, 2009 · 95 Replies · 10,677 Views

Ortprod

Hey everyone!

I've been logging my workouts since a few years ago, and video tape a lot of it. I am only going to show my latest workout cycle since it is Coach's method.

12-18-08 Thursday (cycle 1 week 1 day 3) MPPu+MPPr day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Tuck BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Tops x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Ham curl x 3, 3, 2

B2.) Mana x 6s, 6s, 6s

v-ups x 3, L-sit lift (para) x 3, 3

12-21-08 Sunday (cycle 1 week 2 day 4) HSPU/Pullup day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s, 3s, 3s, 6s (messed up in the middle)

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) tuck BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Bulg towel pullup x 3, 3, 3

B1.) tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Pistol (SLS) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3 (last set went back and forth)

B2.) straddle L x 6s-6s (floor), 6s, 6s

Circle Leg Lift x 2-2, 2-2, 2-2

__________________________________________________________

12-23-08 Tuesday (cycle 1 week 1 day 5) MPPu+MPPr day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Towel Bulg pullup x 3, 3, 3

B1.) tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Ham curl x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Straddle L x 6s, 6s, 6s

Circle Leg Lifts x 2-2, 2-2, 1-1, 1-1

12-24-08 Wednesday (cycle 1 week 1 day 6) MPPu+MPPr day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Tops x 3, 3, 2

B1.) tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Squat (distance+height) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Mana x 6s, 5s, 6s

Reverse Leg Lifts x 3, 3, 3

12-26-08 Friday (cycle 1 week 1 day 6) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 7s,6s,7s

One arm pushup x 3-3, 2-2, 2-2

A2.) tuck BL x 5s, 6s, 6s

Inv Chin x 3, 3, 3

B1.) tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Squat (distance+height) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Mana x 5s, 5s, 6s

Hang Leg Lifts x 3, 3, 3

12-28-08 Sunday (cycle 1 week 1 day 7) Combined Pull/Press day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 7s,6s,7s

Muscleup x 3, 2, 2

A2.) Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Squat (distance+height) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 6s, 6s, 6s

L-sit Lifts x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________

12-30-08 Sunday (cycle 1 week 2 day 8) Horizontal Pr/Pu day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 7s,6s,7s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Bulg Rows x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Straddle L x 6s, 6s, 6s

Reverse Leg Lifts x 3, 3, 3

12-30-08 Sunday (cycle 1 week 2 day 8) Combined Pull/Press day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Muscleup x 3, 2, 2

A2.) Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Squat (distance+height) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Straddle L-sit x 6s, 6s, 6s

Hang Leg Lifts x 3, 3, 3

01-01-09 Thursday (cycle 1 week 2 day 9) MPPr/MPPu

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 1, 1, 3, 3

A2.) Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Tops (tuck) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

KB snatch (88lb) x 3-3, 2-2, (70lb) x 3-3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

Circle Leg Lifts x 2-2, 2-2, 2-2

01-02-09 Friday (cycle 1 week 2 day 10) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Inv. Chin x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Sq x 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 6s, 6s, 6s

Reverse Crank x 3, 3, 3

01-04-09 Sunday (cycle 1 week 2 day 11) HSPU/PU day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Tuck BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

XR Bulg Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

KB Snatch (70lb) x 3-3, KB Swing (70 x 2) 6, 6

B2.) Straddle L x 6s, 6s, 6s

L-sit Lift x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________

01-05-09 Monday (cycle 1 week 3 day 12) HSPU/PU day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Tuck BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

XR Bulg Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

L-sit Lift x 3, 3, 3

01-07-09 Wednesday (cycle 1 week 3 day 13) CPP day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

MuscleUps x 2, 2, 1

A2.) Tuck BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

MU x 2, 1-1, 1.5

B1.) Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

KB clean (70x2) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 6s, 6s, 6s

Circle Leg Lift x 2-2, 2-2, 2-2

01-09-09 Friday (cycle 1 week 3 day 14) MPPr/Pu day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 4s, 5s, 6s

1/2 Tops x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Squat x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Straddle L-sit x 6s, 6s, 6s

L-sit Lift x 3, 3, 3

01-11-09 Sunday (cycle 1 week 3 day 15) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Inv Chin x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

KB clean (70x2) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

Reverse Crank x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________

01-12-09 Monday (cycle 1 week 4 day 16) HSPU/PU day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,7s,6s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

XR Bulg Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 7s, 6s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) XR L-sit sx 6s, 6s, 6s

HeS RLL x 3, 3, 3

01-14-09 Wednesday (cycle 1 week 4 day 17) MPPr/Pu day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

1/2 (tuck) Tops x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Kb Snatch (88) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Straddle L x 6s, 6s, 6s

Circle LL x 3, 3, 3

01-16-09 Friday (cycle 1 week 4 day 18) Horizontal day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Tuck Rows x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Squat x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

Reverse Crank x 3, 3, 3

01-16-09 Sunday (cycle 1 week 4 day 19) Static Hold day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s, 6s

_______________________________________________

01-19-09 Monday (cycle 1 week 5 day 20) CPP day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

MU x 2, 2, 2

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

MU x 2, 2, 2

B1.) Adv. Tuck FLx 6s, 6s, 6s

KB clean (70x2) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 6s, 6s, 6s

R. Crank x 2-2, 2-2, 2-2

01-21-09 Wednesday (cycle 1 week 5 day 20) Horizontal day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Tuck Rows x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

HeS RLL x 3, 3, 3

Tabata Jumping Jax x 26, 26, 24, 25, 26, 25, 25, 31

01-23-09 Friday (cycle 1 week 5 day 21) HSPU/PU day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,7s,6s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

XR Bulg Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

KB Snatch (88) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) XR L-sit sx 6s, 6s, 6s

Circ LL x 3, 3, 3

01-25-09 Sunday (cycle 1 week 5 day 22) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Inv Chin x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Deck Sq x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

L-sit lift x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________

01-26-09 Monday (cycle 1 week 6 day 23) MPPr/Pu day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

1/2 (tuck) Tops x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Kb Snatch (88) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Straddle L x 6s, 6s, 6s

Circle LL x 3, 3, 3

Tabata Jumping Jax x 30, 30, 29, 26, 29, 29, 29, 32

01-28-09 Wednesday (cycle 1 week 6 day 24) HSPU/PU day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,7s,6s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Towel Bulg Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FLx 6s, 6s, 6s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) XR L-sit sx 6s, 6s, 6s

HeS RLL x 3, 3 (+2.5lb) x 3

01-30-09 Friday (cycle 1 week 6 day 25) Curl/Dip day (UPDATE*)

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 4*

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Inv Chin x 3, 3, 4*

B1.) Adv. Tuck FLx 6s, 6s, 6s

KB Clean + Sq (70x2)x 3+1, 3+1, 3+1

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

L-sit lift x 3, 3, 3

Wall Runs x 10-10, 10-10, 5-5, 5-5, 5-5, 5-5

02-01-09 Sunday (cycle 1 week 6 day 26) Horizontal day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Tuck Rows x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

HeS RLL x 3, 3, 3

Wall Runs x 15-15, 10-10, 10-10, 10-10

_______________________________________________

02-02-09 Monday (cycle 1 week 7 day 27) CPP day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 1.5, 2, 2

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Bar MU x 1

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Bottoms Up Clean (70x2) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Manna x 6s, 6s, 6s

HeS RLL x 3, 3, 3

Tabata Jumping Jax x 30, 30, 29, 26, 29, 29, 29, 32

Wall Runs x 15-15, 15-15, 15-15

02-04-09 Wednesday (cycle 1 week 7 day 28) MPPr/Pu day

A1.) Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 6s, 6s, 6s

1/2 (tuck) Tops x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 6s, 6s, 6s

Kb Sq (70x2) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Straddle L x 6s, 6s, 6s

HeS RLL (2.5lb)x 3, 3 (5lb)x 3

02-06-09 Friday (cycle 1 week 7 day 29) HSPU/PU day (TEST)

A1.) Tuck Planche x 17s, Adv. Tuck x 8s (max), 4s

HeSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Adv. Tuck BL x 17s, Straddle BL x 7s, 4s

Behind the Neck x 6, L-sit Wide x 3, 3

B1.) Adv. Tuck FL x 21s, Straddle FL x 6s, 4s

KB Dead Clean (88) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) XR L-sit x 13s, 7s, 8s

HeS RLL x 3, 3 (+2.5lb) x 3

_______________________________________________

02-11-09 Monday (cycle 2 week 1 day 1) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 4s, 4s

Inv. Curl (90*) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 4s, 4s, 4s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Manna x 5s, 5s, 5s

L-sit Lift x 3, 3, 3

02-11-09 Wednesday (cycle 2 week 1 day 2) Horizontal day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 3s,4s,4s

XR PPP (+) x 3, 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 4s, 4s, 4s

Inv. Curl (90*) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

KB Bottoms Up Snatch (70) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Straddle x 5s, 5s, 5s

Straight body lever x 3, 3, 3

Sorry for any typos in there.

Here is a recent video I made with the upcoming seminar in mind:

mGH5D3Is49w

Richard Duelley

Nice blog, and great videos of your training. Will you keep us updated here when you make a new entry?

Just one thing, it says your age is 103! :wink:

gymrob

Dude! I have watched a few of your videos and you have improved immensely! :shock:

Well done and keep it up! Do you follow the WOD's or a steady state routine?

Look forward to seeing more. :)

Rob.

Ortprod

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I have been doing steady state for the past 8 weeks. I figure I might partake my kettlebell class next week, just for a change and then continue with steady state for another 8-12 weeks. I am going to post all my stuff tonight when I get back. Maybe I will make another video too. :)

gymrob

Nice man! How did you find your first steayd state? I might start mine tonight. Thanks :D

Ortprod

Gymrob, it was really weird at first cause I am so used to over training... it felt way too easy. I considered this first cycle to be a test of where I am at and I made tiny changes as I went along. I kept in mind, every time I trained, that I shouldn't be struggling with these motions and that they should look as natural as walking. Still a hard concept for my neanderthal brain to comprehend. By the way

I am editing my top post tonight so anyone can view/critique what I have been doing.

Here is what I did today, followed by a video of it. I taped everything but the first planche (sadly this was an important one I missed cause it was a test of how long I can do on tuck) but I used what I counted as the set.

02-06-09 GymBod (test day) HSPU/Pullup day

A1.) tuck planche x 17s, adv.tuck planche x 8s, 4s

HeSPU x 3,3,3

A2.) adv. tuck BL x 17s, straddle BL x 7s, 4s

behind the neck pullup x 6, L-sit (wide) pullup x 3, 3

B1.) adv. tuck FL x 21s, straddle FL x 6s, 4s

KB dead-clean x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3 (for hamstrings)

B2.) XR L-Sit x 13s, 7s, 8s

weighted leg lift (5lbs) x 3,3,3

Here is the video:

5bBNDjqedho

Ortprod

02-09-09 Monday (cycle 2 week 1 day 1) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 4s, 4s

Inv. Curl (90*) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 4s, 4s, 4s

Pistol x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Manna x 5s, 5s, 5s

L-sit Lift x 3, 3, 3

uussNZekrj4

Ortprod

I am working on a video for this day. I will update tomorrow with one. Just some clips.

02-11-09 Wednesday (cycle 2 week 1 day 2) Horizontal day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 3s,4s,4s

XR PPP (+) x 3, 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 4s, 4s, 4s

Inv. Curl (90*) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

KB Bottoms Up Snatch (70) x 3-3, 3-3, 3-3

B2.) Straddle x 5s, 5s, 5s

Straight body lever x 3, 3, 3

QjW5Yj8QMWg

Ortprod

G8rNm--hnpY

Justin Rawley

Nice work.

Ortprod

Thanks :)

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, things have been really busy at work and I also started a tumbling class. I took a beating this week and I have to cut out one of my workouts again. I think it is probably better that way anyway cause I have a tendency to train too often cause I enjoy it so much. Still waiting to get a new camera but I am going to start taking more pics. My planche is coming along nicely. :mrgreen:

Here is my updated log:

02-13-09 Friday (cycle 2 week 1 day 3) MPPr/Pu day

A1.) Adv.Tuck Planche x 6s,6s,6s

Chestroll HeS x 3, 3, 3

A2.) S. BL x 5s, 4s, 4s

1/2 (adv. tuck) FL PU x 3, Str. 1/2 FL PUx 3, 1/2 (adv. tuck) FL PU x 3

B1.) S. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Kb Sq (70x2) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 6s, 6s, 7s

HeS RLL (7.5lbs)x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________

02-16-09 Monday (cycle 2 week 2 day 4) CPP day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s, 3s, 4s

XR MU x 2, 2, 2

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

XR MU x 2, 2, 1.5

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 4s

[full ROM] 2" Thick Bar Deadlift (248lbs) x 2, 2, 2

B2.) Manna x 5s, 5s, 5s

Circle LL x 3, 3, 3

Wall Runs x 15-15, 15-15, 15-15

02-18-09 Wednesday (cycle 2 week 2 day 5) Horizontal day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR PPP (+) x 3, 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Inv. Curl (90*) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Deck Sq. (+35lbs) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Straddle x 5s, 5s, 5s

HeS RLL(10lbs)x 3 (7.5) x 3, 3

Wall Runs x 7-7, 5-5, 15-15, 15-15

02-20-09 Friday (cycle 2 week 2 day 6) HSPU/Pu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

HeSPU (korean+wall)x 3 XR HSPU x 3, 3

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Wide L-Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 8s

OH Squat (115lbs) x 2, 2.5,1 F.Sq. x 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 7s, 7s, 7s

HeS RLL (+7.5lb) x 3, (10lbs)x 3,3

02-21-09 Saturday (cycle 2 week 2 day 7) Static hold day

Adv. T. PL x 4,4,4,4,4,4

St. BL x 5,6,5,5,5,5

St. FL x 5,5,5,5,5,5

02-22-09 Sunday (cycle 2 week 2 day 8) Curl/Dip day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR Bulg Dip x 3, 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Inv. Curl (90*) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

KB clean/squat (70s) x2, 2, 2

B2.) Manna x 5s, 5s, 5s

straight body lever x 3, 3, 3

(side note: slight bicep pain at the beginning)

_____________________________________________________

02-25-09 Wednesday (cycle 2 week 3 day 9) MPPr/MPPu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

Chestroll HeS x 3, CR HeSPU x 3, 3,

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 4s, 5s

1/2 FL pullup (straddle) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

front squat (135lbs) x 3, (145) x 3, (155)x 3

B2.) Straddle x 5s, 5s, 5s

HeS RLL (+10lb) x 3, 3, 3

02-27-09 Friday (cycle 2 week 3 day 10)Static Hold day

Adv. T. PL x 4s, 4s, (floor) 3s, 4s (p bars) x 4s

St. BL x 5s, 3s, 5s, 5s, 5s,

St. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s, 5s, 5s

02-28-09 Saturday (cycle 2 week 3 day 11) CPP day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR MU x 2, 2, 2

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

XR MU x 2, 2, 2

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

double KB clean (70s) 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 7s, 7s, 7s

Circle LL x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________________

03-03-09 Tuesday (cycle 2 week 4 day 12) HSPU/Pu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche (p-bars) x 4s,4s,4s

HSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Wide L-Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

F. Squat (70s) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Mana x 5, 5, 5

L-sit lift x 3, 3, 3

tabata jumpin jax x 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 31

03-04-09 Wednesday (cycle 2 week 4 day 13) Horizontal day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche (p-bars) x 4s,4s,4s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 3

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

FL rows (adv. tuck) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

KB B.U.C. (70s) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Str x 5s, 5s, 5s

Dragon Flag x 3, 3, 3

Brandon

Nice job with your videos. The weighted leg lifts are pretty impressive and you have great balance while inverted on your headstands.

Ortprod

Thanks dude. I still need to develop strength in the full lockout in the HS and I have a little more trouble on the floor than on the p-bars.

More videos as soon as I get a new camera. :)

Razz

Great to see you're still working, good job :D

Ortprod

Thanks Razz.

Question: I have been doing curl/dip day on one day and CPP on another. Bulgarian dips seem a bit easy for me but muscle ups are still tough (at least for 6 sets of 2 reps) and so are inverted curls. So I am wondering if I should do 3 sets of curls and 3 sets of muscleups and do a curl/CPP day instead? I know this would cause an imbalance in the case of someone starting from the ground up but I think that my chest is still way more developed than my traps/back.

Any comments on this are welcomed and thanks in advance,

-J

Ortprod

So I combined my curl/dip day and my CPP day. Now I have Curl/Muscleup day instead. My schedule is rotating and I want to work on my weaknesses first and foremost. My main weakness is my HSPU, the full rom, despite my 205lb OH press. Planches have gotten WAY better. They feel solid now. FL and BL are coming along too along with MSH. I seem a little stuck in the low straddle L-sits though. I am in no rush to up my other static holds. I would like to be able to do bar muscleups for reps but they seem a bit off. I think I am not pulling enough in front of me on the rings.

Random note: despite being on a keto style diet, I have shot up to 188lb. My BF looks like its around 10.5-11% but that may not be 100% accurate. Did I gain muscle? Am I retaining water from the salt I have taken in? Other possibilities run through my head too.

Anyway, here is another video :)

gjmTmxet7co

Justin Rawley

Nice progress in the gymnastic stuff. The 88# BU cleans were pretty cool too.

Razz

keep your arms straight in the leg rasises .... damn jealous of your adv tuck planche.. looks awesome. following your log here since you are about my strength level.

good work and nice improvements!! :D

Ortprod
Razz said:
keep your arms straight in the leg rasises .... damn jealous of your adv tuck planche.. looks awesome. following your log here since you are about my strength level.

good work and nice improvements!! :D

Thanks, will do! I gotta update my latest stuff for my w/o log.

Ortprod

03-08-09 Sunday (cycle 2 week 4 day 14) Curl/CPP day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR MU x 2,2,3

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Inv. Curl x 3,3,3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Front Sq. (135lb)x 3, (155)x 3, (185)x3

B2.) XR L-sit x 7s,7s,7s

Tuck Tick Tock x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________________

03-09-09 Monday (cycle 2 week 5 day 15) MPPr/MPPu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 3s,5s,3s

CR HeSPU x 3, 2.5, 3

A2.) Str. BL x 5s, 4s, 5s

1/2 FL pullup (half) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

power clean x (135lbs) x 3, (145) x 3, (155)x 3

B2.) MSH x 5s, 5s, 4s

W.LL (+11lb) x 3, 3, 3

03-12-09 Thursday (cycle 2 week 5 day 16) HSPU/Pu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

HSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) full BL x 4s, 4s, 2s

Wide L-Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

F. Squat (70s) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Str x 5s, 5s, 5s

L-sit lift x 3, 3, 3

03-13-09 Friday (cycle 2 week 5 day 17) Horizontal day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,4s

XR PPP x 3, 3, 3

A2.) 1/2 BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

FL rows (adv. tuck) x 3, (str. for 1 rep) and 2 adv, adv.x 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

KB B.U.C. (70s) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) XR L-sit x 7s, 7s, 7s

Tick Tock x 3, 3, 3

03-15-09 Sunday (cycle 2 week 6 day 18) Curl/CPP day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,4s,5s

XR MU x 2,2,3

A2.) 1/2 BL x 5s, 5s, 4s

Inv. Curl x 3,3,3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

OH sq. (95lb)x 3,3,3

B2.) MSH (floor) x 5s, 5s, 5s

FL negativex 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________________

03-17-09 Tuesday (cycle 2 week 6 day 19) MPPr/MPPu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 5s, 4s, 4s

CR HeSPU x 3, 3, 3!!! (discovered my hands were too wide)

A2.) 1/2 BL x 4s, 4s, 4s

1/2 FL pullup (half) x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 4s, 5s

power clean x (115lbs) x 3, (135) x 3, (165)x 3

B2.) Str. x 5s, 5s, 5s

L-sit lift x 3, 3, 3

03-18-09 Wednesday (cycle 2 week 6 day 20) Curl/CPP day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 5s,4s,5s

XR MU x 3,3,2

A2.) 1/2 BL x 5s, 5s, 4s

Inv. Curl x 3,3,3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Front Sq. (110lb)x 3, (150)x 3, (180)x3

B2.) XR L-sit x 7s,7s,7s

BL neg x 3, reverse crank x 3, 3

03-20-09 Friday (cycle 2 week 6 day 21) Horizontal day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 4s,5s,5s

XR PPP (wide) x 3, 3, 3

A2.) 1/2 BL x 4s, 5s, 5s

FL rows (adv. tuck) x 3,3,3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

OH sq. 95lb x 3, 3, 3

B2.) MSH x 7s, 7s, 7s

Circ. LLx 2, 2, 3

03-21-09 Saturday (cycle 2 week 6 day 22) HSPU/Pu day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 5s, 5s, 5s

HSPU x 3, 3, 3

A2.) 1/2 BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Wide L-Pull x 3, 3, 3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

double KB HP(70s) x 3, 3, 3

B2.) Str x 5s, 5s, 5s

L-sit lift x 3, 3, 3

_______________________________________________________

03-23-09 Monday [ 9:00pm >-_< ] (cycle 2 week 7 day 30) Curl/CPP day

A1.) Adv. Tuck Planche x 5s,5s,5s

XR MU x 3,3,2

A2.) 1/2 BL x 5s, 5s, 5s

Inv. Curl x 3,3,3

B1.) Str. FL x 5s, 5s, 5s

deck squat (+35lb)x 3,3,3

B2.) XR L-sit x 7s,7s,7s

FL neg x 3, 3,3

Finally got a chance to update my log online. I want to post some pix soon! I am working on getting a camera for the seminar trip but for now I think my friend Bob might let me use his HD cam. Stay tuned!

Ortprod

Went to a CrossFit gymnastics cert (Tucker's) this last weekend. Very fun, good stuff! I need to update my training log but I was beat after 2 days of training. Managed to pull off an OK straddle planche:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=27257985&albumID=21088&imageID=55654141

I would post the pic itself but I can't get it to work.

Today I am going to test my static holds and maybe a few other progressions in the dynamic work. I will probably post a video no matter how bad it turns out, haha.

Richard Duelley

Very nice planche! I am just starting to venture into the straddle L press to straddle planche myself. I have a ways to go but I can feel it! Actually my poor forearms feel it the most :mrgreen:

Keep up the hard work!

Ortprod
niftyvt said:
Very nice planche! I am just starting to venture into the straddle L press to straddle planche myself. I have a ways to go but I can feel it! Actually my poor forearms feel it the most :mrgreen:

Keep up the hard work!

Thanks man, will do! You should make a video, I would love to check it out!

Laney

Thanks for the compliment! Getting much stronger with these WODs, it's kind of inevitable! :D

~Laney

Ortprod

kUTZjk8p0MA

*gotta edit my post later and put up my training log for the last few weeks...