Should I progress to HS/PE3 even though in HS/PE2>iM, my range of motion is fairly limited (about 45 degrees, maybe 50 with the eye of faith)? My plan is to proceed on to HS/PE3, but keep HS/PE2>iM as something I basically work on everyday whenever I get the opportunity (same with HS/PE1>iM, in which I cannot lean as far forward as they athlete in the video). I just wanted to check if my approach is a good one or not.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Progressing with imperfect iM
Started by Vinay Ramineni, July 20, 2013 · 6 Replies · 433 Views
No, the approach you are considering is incorrect.
Do not progress until the iM is satisfactory. Your proposed approach will achieve nothing more than continuing to widen the already wide gap between your strength and your mobility.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Understood.
Thanks Coach. I'm sitting here on the garage floor also wondering if I should move forward as I'm finding the strength ok, but mobility is subpar.
At your guys' level the temptation to move on too early is both understandable and predictable; most beginners tend to think that mobility and strength are two unrelated aspects of fitness when in reality they are simply two sides of the SAME coin.
The body is incapable of moving correctly with insufficient mobility. The body is also incapable of moving correctly with insufficient strength. Both are required for high level, efficient, effective movement. The higher the level of movement you are aspiring to, the higher the levels of simultaneous mobility and strength that will be required.
There is no escape from this, nor are there any exceptions.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
one of the best explanation! these words truly capture the minds of people!
They sure do, have dropped back a few handstand prep spots to concentrate on making my shoulders mobile!