This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

what if I miss a few weeks of training?

Started by gymnastwannabe, July 19, 2013 · 7 Replies · 425 Views

gymnastwannabe

Sometimes, I have to travel for work and so I wont be able to

continue exercising.(although I would try to do at least a few exercises at least)

But what I want to know is:

Say , I had finished week 12 and would have progressed to week 13,

when I suddenly had to leave for work.

So, when I come back, should I start from week 1 again or can I still go ahead

and move on to week 13 or maybe do week 12 again?

 

suppose the gap is a week or two? what then?

suppose the gap is a 2 to 3 days? should the training differ if the gap is less?

 

Faraz

 

 

P5yx

test if you can fullfill the requiremnts of  the first week of the next cycle. if you do just continue as if you wouldn't have stopped. Otherwise repeat the last minicycle again.

trw

If you miss a couple days I think you can just pick up where you left off. If you miss a couple weeks maybe restart the microcycle you had been on. At least that's what I've done when I've missed time. You don't need to go back over three months of work for a mere two missed weeks. Mainly don't let it bother you too much. If the rest of the time you practice consistency, a handful of missed days here and there shouldn't stall you too bad. That's just life.

Tyler Gibson

With enough training you will get an idea of how long your body can go without losing strength. For me after a week off, sometimes two weeks off, I will usually come back stronger. Three weeks is the threshold after which I start to lose strength. Get to know your body and when in doubt, test yourself for the last element you mastered and see how you fare. 

Coach Sommer

Slide back one complete mini-cycle in your training.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

gymnastwannabe

hmm. I will do that.

But I want to be clear.

1 mini cycle is 4 weeks right? where we deload the 4th week

and start another mini cycle?

is that right?

Joshua Slocum
gymnastwannabe said:

hmm. I will do that.

But I want to be clear.

1 mini cycle is 4 weeks right? where we deload the 4th week

and start another mini cycle?

is that right?

Correct.

MarcinTrybalski
gymnastwannabe said:

hmm. I will do that.

But I want to be clear.

1 mini cycle is 4 weeks right? where we deload the 4th week

and start another mini cycle?

is that right?

You got it :)