Handstand Progress

Started by FLeXi, July 18, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,998 Views

FLeXi

Haven't posted anything in a while, but I've gotten a bit more psyched about my handstands these days. Especially since I've worked it into my routine rather nicely and am focusing a good deal on my strength in the position as well as different progressions towards the HS press. So here's just a picture of my free handstand from todays training (it's a picture of a picture because I lost my phones USB cord..better pictures later on). Anything you can find to critique on be my guest, never say no to some tips. 

 

IMG_7803.jpg

Niklas03

To my eye, your alignment looks very clean except for the hands. Why are your hands so far apart, personal preference or shoulder stiffness? If you can maintain the same clean with your hands closer to each other, it will make weight shifts and OAHS prep easier as you don't have to shift so much from side to side.

FLeXi

Ah yea that's just my preference to have them wider every now and then. If I was training for OAHS I would be keeping them closer for sure, as I do for HS wall runs. For now with freestands I'm just working on the alignment and balance, so I just do it the way I feel most comfortable so I can focus better. Thanks for the response, took me a while to understand and feel the proper alignment so it's nice to see things coming along.