This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS Negative question

Started by Gavin S, July 18, 2013 · 4 Replies · 265 Views

Gavin S

Hi all,

 

I am working on the SLS negative at the moment. Are we allowed to use a light weight (2.5-5kg) to counterbalance with or does it have to be free standing?

 

I used a light weight for the static to obtain mastery and I can't do a negative without some weight to keep me from falling at the bottom of the SLS.

 

Cheers

SuperBru

Do not use a weight because it doesn't give you that option. Use your hands for counterbalance and perform assisted SLS negatives instead by holding onto a pole. Once you acquire the balance then move onto doing them freestanding.

IcedDante

If you can't even make through it week 1 then sure, use a weight to make it through the first cycle and then work on getting rid of it.

MT Nordic

I suspect it's ankle mobility more so than balance that's giving you a problem. Start training these with a light weight or wearing shoes with slight heel to toe drop then really work on ankle mobility and you will soon be doing them with no weight or heel rise. Mastery will require this.

Gavin S

Thanks guys. This was a pretty old question. I worked on doing them lightly weighted while working extra ankle and hip mobility and this all came good.

 

Thanks