This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Please CRITIQUE SPL PE 5 form

Started by vinni20, July 17, 2013 · 12 Replies · 343 Views

vinni20

Here is my SPL PE 5 progress so far. I have been working on Foundation for about five months now. I started at SPL PE4. I am currently doing 4 sets 30 seconds. Please critique my form. I am open to any suggestions!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liXL9oE3KzE

Joshua Naterman

You lose a bit of protraction pretty quickly, and your hips are not in line with both shoulders and the lower leg (knee and ankle). This will require some pretty strong hollowing of the chest.

 

You will straighten out a good bit when you get to the next progression, but for now I would suggest that you work on only holding as long as you can avoid losing protraction.

 

This can be a difficult pill to swallow, but mastering this now will pay off later on when it is much more difficult to maintain protraction in the later exercises.

Christian

Very clever with the ropes for measuring lean btw.

vinni20
Joshua Naterman said:

You lose a bit of protraction pretty quickly, and your hips are not in line with both shoulders and the lower leg (knee and ankle). This will require some pretty strong hollowing of the chest.

 

You will straighten out a good bit when you get to the next progression, but for now I would suggest that you work on only holding as long as you can avoid losing protraction.

 

This can be a difficult pill to swallow, but mastering this now will pay off later on when it is much more difficult to maintain protraction in the later exercises.

Thanks Josh, It is a hard pill to swallow but I am by no means in a rush. Thanks for the constructive criticism, it will definitely be helpful when I attack this exercise again at my next workout.

vinni20
Christian said:

Very clever with the ropes for measuring lean btw.

It really helps me to prevent any faults in my technique. That, coupled with my iphone camera flipped around so I can see myself, is almost as good as having a workout partner! haha

Mats Trane

How is your breathing? Try to keep it shallow. This will make it easier to hold form.

Nic Branson

I don't normally chime in on these since we now offer a service for this but as Planche leans and PPP etc keep coming up here...

I want you to keep what you're doing. As you lean into it, think hollow. Get engaged into that hollow position and see how the lean goes then.

This movement is more than just protraction.

vinni20

What do you mean "hollow?" I have seen this term in other places on the forum and the original book but I do not fully understand it.

Nic Branson

Are you doing the FL movements? Hollow Body Holds, Rocks etc?

vinni20

Ok I get it now, the explanation Dillon gives is helpful. Thanks guys for all the help!

Adriano Augusto

From 0:26 to 0:29 is what you've to maintain the whole time. Perfect 3 seconds of a real planche lean. Keep practice my friend.

B1214N

Your hips are high and piked. I would suggest to record until you can get a straight body and get used to that feeling. Also, keep working on the protraction.