Learn and Improve GYMNASTIC-BODYWEIGHT Exercises

Started by alempoli91, July 17, 2013 · 21 Replies · 4,171 Views

alempoli91

I do Calisthenics for almost a year... I train consistently and I do step without haste... I try to keep very good technique... I have parallel, bars and rings...   How can I improve?? I would like to perform gymnastic exercises...


Let me know, thanks!!

Aadil Siddiqi

I would advise you to buy the Foundation series :)

Patrick Smith

Ask and ye shall receive.

asaleh

Just a quick question about F1 is there any gymnastic equipment required? Thanks

gohei_
asaleh said:

Just a quick question about F1 is there any gymnastic equipment required? Thanks

Rings would be the very minimum. A pair of stall bars will probably be necessary down the line but I think you can manage without it in the beginning. Some weights (something like up to 10-15kg perhaps?).

The rest you should be able to substitute with stuff you have at home.

alempoli91

In F1 if  "HBP/PE6"  is too easy, no effort, what should I do???

 

Ballast?? How much extra weight??

 

 

LET ME KNOW, THANKS!!!! 

gohei_
Geometra Alessio Giuntini said:

In F1 if  "HBP/PE6"  is too easy, no effort, what should I do???

 

Ballast?? How much extra weight??

 

 

LET ME KNOW, THANKS!!!! 

Why then you move on to F2 of course  :)  If that's not an option at the moment then you could use a little imagination or look through the progressions in BtGB if you have it.

alempoli91

Sorry mate, what BtGB ???  B-)

gohei_

Building the Gymnastic Body, the book that was released years ago, check the store.  :)

Jon Douglas

Don't forget to make 100% sure you can pass everything up to hbp 6 by doing it. if you think its easy, it doesn't always mean everything before is easy too :)

Especially pe3, and the IMs of course. Otherwise, yep, onto F2 to keep building the push!

Jon Douglas

Plus, you get back on the rings (at last!) in F2. That's a good feeling

Vincearoo
Charm said:

Don't forget to make 100% sure you can pass everything up to hbp 6 by doing it. if you think its easy, it doesn't always mean everything before is easy too :)

Especially pe3, and the IMs of course. Otherwise, yep, onto F2 to keep building the push!

I'll reiterate that, make sure you also pass all of the iMs! I think pretty much everyone has found a hole or two in their mobility in F1.

alempoli91
Successfully complete the F1 (not calisthenics!!), you can learn skills as for example Back Lever, Front Lever, V-Sit......????

 

 

THANKS TO ALL  B-)  :lol:

Aadil Siddiqi
Geometra Alessio Giuntini said:

Successfully complete the F1 (not calisthenics!!), you can learn skills as for example Back Lever, Front Lever, V-Sit......????

 

 

THANKS TO ALL  B-)  :lol:

F1-F4 will give you a Straddle Planche, Front Lever, Side Lever, Manna, Hollowback Press, Rope Climb and Single-leg Squat. Back Lever will be in a later volume.

You should try and see if you can do ALL the PEs and iMs, for all the exercises. If so, you could be the first Level 1 GB athlete :)

alempoli91

To understand each other better, when i finished the F1 will not have learned FL, BL, Vsit, Planche etc etc ???  

Need to additional specific work ???

 

 

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Alessandro Mainente

yes probably 15-18 more PE's and IM's.

Aadil Siddiqi
Geometra Alessio Giuntini said:

To understand each other better, when i finished the F1 will not have learned FL, BL, Vsit, Planche etc etc ???  

Need to additional specific work ???

 

 

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

No, you won't have learned them after F1. You should refund F1 if all of the elements were easy for you and get started on F2.

alempoli91

I'm doing the Foundation One but my workouts last very little, no more than 35 minutes... Before I did Calisthenics and I was training at least 90-120 minutes, now no risk of worsening physically???

Thanks again mates!!!!

Aadil Siddiqi

No, not at all from what I've heard. Many have reported improvements in their physique.

alempoli91

GREAT, hopefully good!!!!! 

 

 

THANKS AGAIN BOSS  B-)

Aadil Siddiqi

Sure, no problem