This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Criticism of Foundation Series.

Started by Shnordle, July 17, 2013 · 17 Replies · 916 Views

Shnordle

Although I am just beginning Foundation 1, I imagine the issue will follow through to the rest of the series. When there are 1 handed exercises such as MN/PE1>iM, it needs to be clearer if it is 5r total or 5r per side. In comparison you have SL/PE1>iM instruction 10r. Although you can probably make an intuitive decision, it should be more specific. Another good example is RC/PE1>iM. Do we do 30s per side? Do we do 15s per side? Do we alternate arms every other set?

Can this please be cleared up! Not by answering this thread, but by fixing this in the instructions. If I have missed something from the prep. reading which answers this issue, I apologise.

Daniel Burnham

When I doubt do the one that is more work.

Joshua Slocum

Still, it's so easy to fix it's kind of silly that it hasn't already been done. "5 Per side" or "10 each way" etc. Once you know the answer it seems pretty obvious, but the current wording is not very newbie-friendly.

dritar
Daniel Burnham said:

When I doubt do the one that is more work.

Well sometimes that depends no ? Sometimes a shorter iM makes the exercise pair harder ?

Bipocni

I was going to question this with single arm planks, but it seems to be there in the instructions already.  So, it's inconsistent as well....

 

dritar said:

Well sometimes that depends no ? Sometimes a shorter iM makes the exercise pair harder ?

example?

Norbert Marko
Joshua Slocum said:

Still, it's so easy to fix it's kind of silly that it hasn't already been done. "5 Per side" or "10 each way" etc. Once you know the answer it seems pretty obvious, but the current wording is not very newbie-friendly.

bump

dritar
Bipocni said:

I was going to question this with single arm planks, but it seems to be there in the instructions already.  So, it's inconsistent as well....

 

example?

The step up from Bent Hollow Rocks to Straddle Hollow Hold in the FL PE. It's not just that Straddle Hollow Hold is more difficult, it's also that 5 Table Rocks don't give you as much recovery like a 30 s Table Hold.

Aadil Siddiqi

I think in the video for SLS PE1<iM, the athlete does 5 each way, completing ten reps. For stuff like windmills, you'd be running a pretty awkward mobility imbalance if you weren't doing 5 each side, wouldn't you? :)

gohei_
Aadil Siddiqi said:

I think in the video for SLS PE1<iM, the athlete does 5 each way, completing ten reps. For stuff like windmills, you'd be running a pretty awkward mobility imbalance if you weren't doing 5 each side, wouldn't you? :)

2,5 on each side?  :P

Bipocni
gohei_ said:

2,5 on each side?  :P

You mean I'm not supposed to be doing half reps?

Keilani Gutierrez
Bipocni said:

You mean I'm not supposed to be doing half reps?

no, no! you're doing it right. :P #sarcasm
Jon Douglas

This is a little depressing, but I've totally seen half a windmill rep. A friend of mine dislocated a shoulder (was already very prone to it, this is some the fourth time) using 10LB. She didn't come back up.

By contrast I've used my whole bodyweight for them by without a single issue, so please don't anyone take that as saying they are inherently dangerous. But good form is important :)

Cory Fair

These sorts of things go in a support email rather than a thread where I may never see them. 

Aadil Siddiqi
Cory Fair said:

These sorts of things go in a support email rather than a thread where I may never see them.

Fair enough, but now that you have, what's the word? :)

Cory Fair
Aadil Siddiqi said:

Fair enough, but now that you have, what's the word? :)

When I have time, absolutely. My schedule is quite absurd, but I'll get on a little bit day by day.

Aadil Siddiqi
Cory Fair said:

When I have time, absolutely. My schedule is quite absurd, but I'll get on a little bit day by day.

Fair enough. I'd just like to restate that the videos will show you how many reps of the mobility exercises are done each way (except maybe RC/PE1), so maybe just watching those will give you an idea as to how much work is needed.

Shnordle
Aadil Siddiqi said:

I think in the video for SLS PE1<iM, the athlete does 5 each way, completing ten reps. For stuff like windmills, you'd be running a pretty awkward mobility imbalance if you weren't doing 5 each side, wouldn't you? :)

Haha ya. Some is intuitive, some isn't.

Shnordle
Cory Fair said:

These sorts of things go in a support email rather than a thread where I may never see them. 

I understand. I just felt I might as well raise the issue and at the same time see what everyone else thinks.