This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

gohei_'s form checks

Started by gohei_, July 16, 2013 · 13 Replies · 532 Views

gohei_

I will start with the sPL/PE1 cuz I was not sure if my amount of arching is allowed or not, but any other critique is welcome as well. I did notice I might have been going a bit fast though.

 

 

 

 

Christian

Does seem to be a bit too much arching going on. But im no expert.

wheezer

Great to hear feedback about the lower-back arch. When I shrug, I concentrate on slightly sucking-in my rectal abdominal wall - similar to doing a forearm plank. It feels like it keeps my lower torso nice and stable, and I can then just concentrate on scapular movement.

 

Love your dog yawning in your face like that.

gohei_

Thanks for the responses guys.

Zach Armijo said:

You would do best to maintain a nice hollow and keep the lower back arch under control, but that isn't the key point of the movement since we are concerned about the scaps. I would say that you are going a little fast, but your form looks fine. Just work on keeping your body tight rather that making a wave like that :P

 

Yes I will try to reduce that damn arch  ^_^

wheezer said:

Great to hear feedback about the lower-back arch. When I shrug, I concentrate on slightly sucking-in my rectal abdominal wall - similar to doing a forearm plank. It feels like it keeps my lower torso nice and stable, and I can then just concentrate on scapular movement.

 

Love your dog yawning in your face like that.

Yeah she doesn't look overly impressed with my GST  :P

gohei_

I was hoping to get some feedback on my tuck-ups.

I was close to doing 5x15 with what I thought was good form. I was wrong. I've been on 3x3 now for several weeks working on my compression and overall form.

 

 

On the last rep as I pull my knees into my chest with my arms there is not all too much ROM left to use, and I also strive to keep my ppt throughout the entire set.

gohei_

bump anyone?

ausswe

seems pretty decent but you dont need to go so slowly and you also seem a little wobbly. try balance more  towards your tailbone rather than the middle of your bum should make that a bit easier i believe. worked for me anyway.

gohei_
ausswe said:

seems pretty decent but you dont need to go so slowly and you also seem a little wobbly. try balance more  towards your tailbone rather than the middle of your bum should make that a bit easier i believe. worked for me anyway.

Thanks  :)  Yes the tempo is slow just for the cause of improving form, I intend to speed it up a bit once the form is good enough.

I will try to sit more on the tailbone next time, haven't really considered that before.

gohei_

 

This is my push-ups, would be glad to hear some pointers.

One thing I realized just now is that my upper back is a lot more rounded than what can be seen in the course video, I guess this is something I need to correct?

Badi

Yes you are piked at the hips a little bit but for me thats not the point in this PE.

If you go down a little bit with your hip you should feel the difference. At the top of the movement you protract (whats not really necessary) but is good for the following movements like Planche leans and PPP. Focus on your hips and you are fine =)

 

Elbows are not drifting outside, from what I can see in the video and you are not sagging. Good job

gohei_

There's been some talk in the scapular postion thread regarding the amount of t-spine flexion that's allowed in planche leans, now I'm only on regular planks but I would like some feedback.

 

In both photos I am protracting as much as possible but in the second one I try to keep a natural spine and not hunching so much. The second photo looks much nicer but I am having trouble feeling the scapular protraction. I've only been on these a few weeks so maybe I'll get more used to it?

 

post-1784-0-34456700-1433440702_thumb.pn

 

post-1784-0-21153000-1433440720_thumb.pn

 

Pafke

Picture from your hbp video above - http://prntscr.com/7d4p75

I would say that you should strive to get that position. If you have any kind of mirror try to put it next to you to check how your body line looks.

gohei_
Pafke said:

Picture from your hbp video above - http://prntscr.com/7d4p75

I would say that you should strive to get that position. If you have any kind of mirror try to put it next to you to check how your body line looks.

You don't think I'm flexing to much in the upper back? It's a bit different angle but it's pretty much the same postion as pic nr1 in the above post.

And yes to the mirror, I pretty much always have a mirror next to me nowadays.

Pafke
No, it looks good to me. In picture #1 you scapula is sticking out a bit which i cant see in top position of hbp/pe2, same happens with athlete on course video. In my oppinion this is how perfect plank should look like - http://prntscr.com/7d7q0q