Hey guys. I am very new to gymnastics, and I want to stretch stretch stretch my legs.
Here is where I'm at, in terms of stretching:
-can't touch my toes for more than 1 second
-can't sit upright (90 degrees) with my legs out in front, regardless of spread legs or not
As you can see, I am very inflexible; your average person. Unfortunately I have no special "equipment," siblings that can help me stretch, or friends that are willing to do so (LOL!), so I have to do this the old-fashion way.
My goal, ultimately, is for me to be in a position such as this: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tdi1jv1q1rdntqzo1_1280.jpg (credit to whoever made this picture, I just found it on google)
As you can see, his legs are spread and are perpendicular to his body. Currently this is impossible to me and is ways ahead of what I can imagine.
I'd be more than glad to receive any tips and guidelines for stretching in order to be a more healthier and a more flexible me from the seasoned folks around here(:
