This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 Wrist Pushups

Started by Pargie, July 16, 2013 · 18 Replies · 597 Views

Pargie

I'm wondering should I use a towel beneath my hands as cushion because otherwise I'll have to them on hard surfaces like wood, concrete or stone.

Adriano Augusto

HIT THAT FLOOR!

 

Tomasz-Gudzowaty-1-600x394.jpg

 

Bansaaaaaaaaaaai!

 

Edit: Yes of course you can use a towel or something to protect, but I tried quite a few times doing them on hard floor and the feeling is awesome, and trust me, you won't get hurt by do it.

Jon Douglas

That aside, I do them on carpet :P

Pargie
Charm said:

That aside, I do them on carpet :P

I actually can do do full wrist pushups on carpet, but the moment I try it on hard surfaces I feel like total beginner. Coach Sommer's atheltes do it on carpet if I'm correct?

dritar

I think there's no need to do them on hard surfaces. If you want to though, just be progressive. Don't start doing 5x5 on gravel if you never done it before.

Jon Douglas
Pargie said:

I actually can do do full wrist pushups on carpet, but the moment I try it on hard surfaces I feel like total beginner. Sommer's atheltes do it on carpet if I'm correct?

Well, id assume that's a gym mat. Ccertainly has a bit of give. If you want the conditioning you can do em on harder surfaces I guess, but you'd ve taking the focus off the important part for a small return

Pargie
Charm said:

Well, id assume that's a gym mat. Ccertainly has a bit of give. If you want the conditioning you can do em on harder surfaces I guess, but you'd ve taking the focus off the important part for a small return

True seeing as Coach Sommer doesn't tell his boys to do them on something hard.

 

P.S.

Just did my first H1 workout, everything went well except First Knuckle Pushups as I couldn't maintain flat fingers. Tripod was easy as I grabbed surface (grass) and squeezed it along with abs and gluts.

Jon Douglas
Pargie said:

True seeing as Sommer doesn't tell his boys to do them on something hard.

P.S.

Just did my first H1 workout, everything went well except First Knuckle Pushups as I couldn't maintain flat fingers. Tripod was easy as I grabbed surface (grass) and squeezed it along with abs and gluts.

Good stuff :-)

I think most people including me are finding the IMs MUCH harder than the pe's until getting to PPT work

Pargie

What's PPT?

 

Mobility work wasn't so hard, but in any case I should make a video of my form.

Jon Douglas
Pargie said:

What's PPT?

Mobility work wasn't so hard, but in any case I should make a video of my form.

Posterior pelvic tilt. Direct work starts around pe10ish. Quickly corrects an arch in HS :)

Alessandro Mainente

it depends on you head callus, usually i do it on the floor without problem. but i have been doing headspin for years without helmet so my head is deformed and prepared  :lol:  :lol:

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

Is that right? Maybe I was a bit hasty then. Is it worthwhile my re-addressing these over again on a hard surface?

Edit;

Ill start over on these tomorrow.

seconded.
Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

seconded.

The movements are easy for me; I was already doing them with straight arms to make em a bit harder, but hey, I could use a little extra hand conditioning.

I can't see myself doing this with Foundation rocks though....

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

The movements are easy for me; I was already doing them with straight arms to make em a bit harder, but hey, I could use a little extra hand conditioning.

I can't see myself doing this with Foundation rocks though....

with the bent hollow rocks (i play with them to see how my ppt has strengthened) I notice that on hard surface, its harder for me to cheat. i notice when i start to lose the ppt a lot earlier than on mat

and with arch body rocks, i just compression shorts and a small prayer to not roadkill the family jewels

Coach Sommer

- Wrist pushups should not be done on a "hard surface"; e.g. tile or concrete.  Carpet, mats or grass etc are much more productive. 

 

- Hard surface tumbing also does not imply tile or concrete; for the fitness enthusiast grass or wresting mats would be perfect.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Philipp Hornung
Coach Sommer said:

- Wrist pushups should not be done on a "hard surface"; e.g. tile or concrete.  Carpet, mats or grass etc are much more productive.

What's the worst that could happen? I'm asking since I'm afraid I have no clue on how to secure a matress to my concrete walls. Would something along the lines of http://www.amazon.de/Everlast-Gelbandage-4355-Ever-Gel-Wraps-Yellow/dp/B000ZP9A4C/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1374299608&sr=8-23&keywords=everlast+handschuh or some wrist wraping (without using them for wrist support) in order to protect the knuckels work? Or is it more relevant in terms of a giving surface in order to tax the joints a little bit more due to instability?

FredInChina

Use a folded towel Philipp :)

Philipp Hornung
FredInChina said:

Use a folded towel Philipp :)

It can't be true, that I didn't think of this. :facepalm: It's simple, yet it works perfectly fine. Thanks a lot, mate! :)

P5yx

why not just wearing some gloves which don't cut down your range of motion?