This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Back problems - should I event start F1

Started by mlaen, July 16, 2013 · 4 Replies · 198 Views

mlaen

Hi,

 

I recenty bought F1 and I was about to start with it, however...

I have some back issues and as soon as I started MN/PE1 I felt sharp pain in my lower back.

 

Img of me sitting is in attachment. This is as straight as I can get while sitting on the floor.

I saw that you are recommending Kit Laughlins book, however I cannot buy that for the time beeing so I googled some stretches for hip flexors and all that...

 

My question is: can I fix this with stretching? Has anyone here been in similar situation? Can you share some experiences?

 

Thanks! I hope I wont have to quit before I evet started :(

post-7144-0-71025400-1373965557_thumb.jp

FredInChina

Have you seen a professional for advice with your back issues? :)

mlaen

I will in a few days

FredInChina

Very good - they should be able to answer your questions and address your worries better than anyone on the internet. :)

Mark Collins

If you are getting sharp pain do not do that exercise until you get a full musculoskeletal assessment and find out what is going on . Pain is our warning system to let us know that something is not well. If you turned your car on and the warning light came on you would not decide to drive your car faster to get rid of the warning light. If you did the damage in your car would accelerate. The same thing happens in the body if there is something wrong and you increase the load with exercise you will usually accelerate the damage.

Once you find out what is going on you will be able correct that problem and the F1 will be good to perform to help get your body back to optimal.

By the way, it looks like you have an upper lumbar flexion instability that is compensating for tight hamstrings. It is always hard to tell the story from one picture though.

Let us know how you get on.