My Home-made Pull-up Bar

Started by Shnordle, July 15, 2013 · 5 Replies · 3,113 Views

Shnordle

It turned out pretty well. I can post the specifics if anyone wants. Basically I got some old fence posts, went to a metal shop (cut/welded myself), and there ya have it!

http://imgur.com/a/pWMAT

FredInChina

Very nice, but it looks a little bit like the bastard offspring of a guillotine & a gibbet. :wacko:

With proper rigging, it surely is strong enough to do Giants :)

Shnordle

Haha can you elaborate Fred? It feels incredibly sturdy.

FredInChina
Shnordle said:

Haha can you elaborate Fred? It feels incredibly sturdy.

 

indeed... I think you great great grand children's great grand kids will still do pull ups on that thing you constructed... :)

This pull up bar will see generations of tennis elbow! :D

Primate

That looks really great.  Drop some brackets on one side with a few dowels and BOOM instant Stahl bars!

 

I'd love the plans if you could PM me, although I have no welding ability.

Shnordle
Primate said:

That looks really great.  Drop some brackets on one side with a few dowels and BOOM instant Stahl bars!

 

I'd love the plans if you could PM me, although I have no welding ability.

No problem man, i'll get some stuff to you. The only real welding involved was attaching the bar to two flat plates so that it could be screwed into the wood. The rest was just cut to size by me. Cheaper to buy say a meters worth then having them precut.