This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS Course competitors

Started by Coach Sommer, July 14, 2013 · 10 Replies · 35 Views

Coach Sommer

1) Steven Low's site has a nice advertisement page for their HS course:

http://shop.eatmoveimprove.com/products/complete-handstand-guide

- Obviously not nearly as indepth or as high a quality as the GB course; but a nice layout on their product description page.  

- Please review their product description page to see what details we would like to incorporate into our own product description page.

 

Amusing how the writer of their hs course advertises himself as a bodyweight 'expert', but then also mentions about how he has not previous experience prior to being self taught.   :(

 

2) Goldmedalbodies contacted steven low to work on a one arm handstand course together:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2013/07/case-study-achieving-the-one-arm-handstand-hold/

- I am not sure why they feel the need for the collaboration between the two companies, however my suspicion is that they are both heavily feeling the pressure from the new GB courses and are trying to expand into an area that we have not yet released a course regarding.

- I like the photo part way down the page that has the notations directly on the photos.  

- This is something that I would like to incorporate into our own course photos and videos

 

3) Our press handstand course (H2) is completely filmed and simply needs to be edited and released.   :)

 

4) Our own one arm course (H3) is already 50% filmed (the part the boys demonstrated).  

- The second part of the project is to bring yuri down (already discussed this with him back in Feb, but need to finalize details now) to complete the rest of the filming.

- This additional filming should only require one day.  The challenge will be finding the time in both our schedules to fit that one day!

 

5) Rings 1, Rings 2 and Rings 3 are also all filmed and simply need to be edited and released.   :)

Cory Fair

Excellent, this means it's great timing for us to increase both the breadth and depth of our offerings. Now that they've chosen a direction, we can take that direction and flush that choice down the Ido with our own improvements. 

 

:tent:

Cory Fair

I'm also going to write a thank you post for the forum and Facebook to our members to out the knife in and twist it a bit to the wannabes. Nothing like making the competition feel you're so successful that anything they do would be a grain of sand on comparison. Ill post the draft here in a bit.

Nic Branson

Ryan Hurst from GMB is a student of Steve Atlas and actually learned his OAHS from him and to my knowledge is still being coached by him.

Coach Sommer

... and interestingly enough steve atlas is a student of Ido who is a student of mine.  Small world.

Cory Fair

 

I'm not especially impressed

Coach Sommer

 

Once the above video begins playing, how did they insert the advertising popup for their HS course?

Cole Dano

I'll try to pipe in a bit more on this tomorrow

 

I think the ad you are seeing is a standard YouTube in play ad that's been highly targeted. I'd have to do more research to be 100% sure though.

 

Have we looked into doing YouTube ads at all?

 

Our YouTube page really needs a new graphic ASAP at bare minimum.

 

I can try to knock something out that will last us until we get Crystal's new vision ready. I'd need to get the login info for the YouTube page.

 

Ryan's page isn't great, but compared to ours....

 

https://www.youtube.com/user/GoldMedalBodiesVids/featured

 

In general getting a selection of videos, that target GB as a whole, and the products in particular would be a high marketing priority.

 

These guys are all generating hype by creating content, good, bad or indifferent, they keep putting out content on a regular basis.

 

I could see Nic and Orench doing some quick spots on a variety of topics. Maybe if we could at least get some voice recording of Coach in seminars, we could do some voice overs of some of Coach's gems......

Cory Fair
Coach Sommer said:

 

Once the above video begins playing, how did they insert the advertising popup for their HS course?

 

I've arranged us to have one of these. Not only will it display on our own videos, but those of GMB and any other competitor of our choosing. We just need to compile a list of urls an channels we want to target.

 

The ad:

 

2 Minute Freestanding Handstand
Build strength, balance, and steel shoulders  with perfect bodyline
gymnasticbodies.com (sends them specifically to http://gymnasticbodies.com/handstandone.html)
 
I'm going to also see if Google will allow us to mask the gymnasticbodies.com url to say "Start Today" or something similar. The user won't realize until they click that it's not a GMB ad; from there we just have to show that what we have is better. :D
Cory Fair

List of Potential Channels

 

GB

GMB

"Crossfit"

Ido

Research which youtube channels/videos get most traffic for handstands

 

later:

sixpacshortcuts

Coach Sommer

Excellent.