This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

trianglechoke's log

Started by Neal Winkler, February 4, 2009 · 19 Replies · 1,527 Views

Neal Winkler

090203

Today I did 15 minutes of handstand practice, as I can't walk on my hands yet or really even hold a handstand. The best I was able to accomplish is about 2 seconds of holding the handstand.

The wall pike press is also beyond my capabilities. I think it is a flexibility issue mainly. So, I just tried to tuck down as far as I could and come back up.

Finished with the wrist pushups. These always make my wrists feel better after having them bent back from the workout. I can't even do these on my knees with a straight body yet, though, so I do it from the knees with a slight pike.

Current weight = 164

Est. bf% = 15%

Morgan Guthner

We're right about the same place with the handstand stuff. On a good day I can kick off the wall and hold it for 10-15 seconds. I really like the cast wall walks - has made me much more comfy on my hands. Ring handstands (supported - wrap the feet in the straps) has also helped. My bodyweight (285) is what really kills me though.

Neal Winkler

Assirati.JPG

Don't let a little thing like weight hold you back. :D

Morgan Guthner

Nice! Funny isnt it - Everytime I (we) start making excuses there's always a photo to set me straight.

Neal Winkler

edited

Neal Winkler

Did the WOD as prescribed with the following variations:

Back lever - Adv. tuck

OAC - Support hand on top hole of power rack

Planche - Frog stand and a few attempts at Adv. frog strand

Handstands - Off the wall

Front Lever - Adv. tuck

Body levers - Pike up and down

Neal Winkler

090210

I was feeling a little worn down from BJJ last night so I only did one round of todays WOD.

Neal Winkler

I'm going to start posting on this again, just so I can keep track of everything that gets in my way of consistently training.

For starters, a few weeks ago I got pretty sick which put me out of training for a least a week. Then after a couple sessions back in the game, I hurt my back which put me out for another week. After that I got in 4 training sessions, and then an old elbow injury flared up after BJJ class on thursday. I didn't get armbarred or anything on it, so I don't know what the damn things problem is. Oh, and the same night I was escaping a 245lbs guys mount (I weight 150 right now - Can't believe I was at 164 last Feb!) and hurt my sternum. I think I did something to a rib. What happened was that I was on my side doing an elbow escape and he put his weight down on my shoulder which pinched my shoulders together. At that moment I heard a pop and it's been sore since.

Man I want to gain mass so bad just so I don't get hurt as often. Only going with people my size is not an option since few of us exist.

Razz

First of all, good to see another logger. An active logbook community does so much to improve a site's community :D

Second I really hope your injuries get better soon :)

Neal Winkler

Thanks, Razz. This out of nowhere flare up of my elbow has me very depressed. I just hope I can do upper body stuff by this week.

Stayed away from anything that aggravates my elbow. Today's workout:

3x5 Shrimps

3x5 Natural leg curl

3x10 RLL - Headstand

Neal Winkler

Yippie, I got to train upper body today.

A1) 4x5 vertical jumps

A2) 4x5 headstand pushups

B1) 4x5 wide grip l-pullups

B2) 4x15sec mcgill curl ups (wanted to do body levers but they hurt my injured sternum)

I would of integrated a static with each exercise but I I was afraid for my elbow. It is still slightly tweaked, but I felt no pain during the workout.

Seiji

What's a mcgill curl up?

I'm just curious on how much you weight, being a martial artist as well :D

Neal Winkler

rCSc6tvlWPs

I only did this because of my injured sternum. Even then, 15s was very very easy. I just wanted to do something that was straight body like a lever.

I currently weigh 152lbs.

Neal Winkler

I've been training. Can't do planches or back levers yet as elbow is not fully healed. Front levers and FBE's feel fine. Did some handstands yesterday and it was ok.

Jeffrey

Injury's are always a pain in the ass! Keep up the good work :)

Neal Winkler

I've added planche work back into my routine. Will try and add back levers next week.

Neal Winkler

Low back is super sore today from BJJ last night. I didn't warm up and went straight into rolling.

Had to skip planche training and ring side planks.

Neal Winkler

Added back levers in, with easier grip. Next week I will try the hard grip.

I'm now back to a fully integrated program.

Neal Winkler

Did a little bit of work today after being sick all last week. Sucks, because last week was supposed to be my hardest week.

Neal Winkler

SKipping training today. Elbow feeling a little tender. I's been almost a year since my elbow injury.