Can you recommend me a good pair of rings, please?

Started by Bar12, July 13, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,637 Views

SuperBru

Ah that explains why the XR suddenly disappeared from the store. I own a pair of XR myself and so far so good. It's the only pair of rings that I have owned so I can't recommend rings for you. I have heard good reviews of Rogue Fitness and a lot of people buy from them.    

Blairbob

Depends on if you require regular or oversized rings. Unless you are a giant, FIG sized rings are more appropriate, especially if you have to use a false grip.

 

EXF ring straps are fast to set up. Rogue has something like that for the competition straps but those are $139. For that price, I'll just eyeball it and loose some time.

 

Wood has a better grip than plastic but you will need to tape up your wrists. Synthetics/plastics do not grip as well as wood but if you tape them up they are pretty good. They are ok without tape but you might want to get some chalk and even tape+chalk on plastics works mo' bettah.

 

Most of the wood rings on the market are not sealed so I wouldn't want to get them wet (which is why steel or plastic work better outside). 

Christian

I have the fig sized Rogue wooden rings. They are great!

dritar

When I bought rings, XR weren't available, so I bought the Rogue FIG wooden ones. I'm pretty happy with them, but I have no other point of comparison, so...