Knee Injury Won't Heal

Started by Sailor Venus, July 12, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,789 Views

Sailor Venus

Nearly two months ago I landed awkwardly from a front tuck and feel pain in my right knee. I believe landing the tuck with bent knee caused it absorbed too much stress causing the knee to break. I used to be able to land with very little knee bend but this time I can't. And the wrong landing has been consistent and couldn't fix it.

 

The pain didn't go away and I still continued my tumbling practice. Making it worse isn't a clever idea.

 

A week has passed and I had to stop training since its that bad. I took two weeks off training and my knee healed somewhat but not near 100% and returned to practice. A few weeks of practice later I had to take a few weeks off practice because I screwed my knee again. Damn, I knew shouldn't practice.

 

Its been two weeks since I stopped practising tumbling. And my knee ain't healed. I can still do cartwheels but can't do front tucks or pistol squats. At least I can still run up staircases and ride bikes, doesn't affect my bad knee.

 

What should I do about it? Shall I see a doctor or a physiotherapist? Or just let my knee heal on its own and miss out even more tumble practice?

FredInChina

First read this: http://saveyourself.ca/articles/art-of-rest.php

Second, yes, see someone that will be able to tell you what you injured, then doing research on how to help the healing will be easier, and you won't make it worse by ignorance.

Third, don't "test it"

 

Depending on the injury, it may take as long to heal as it took for the pain to disappear... then twice as long to prehab and return to the previous programming. :)

 

Maybe you won't exercise tumbling much, but you'll surely exercise patience.

Sailor Venus

Thanks Fred.