So glad I found this forum

Started by Maugister, July 12, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,799 Views

Maugister

I just thought to share my feelings regarding gymnasticbodies and Foundation series now that I have been able to put enough time and effort to realize how much I have progressed.

 

I'm 31 years old and come from martial arts background. I didn't really practice any form of athletics until I was 16 years old when I saw my first Jet Li movie and started practicing modern wushu like a nutcase. After a few years I moved on to traditional martial arts and 5-6 years ago started dabbling around with basic tumbling, breakdance sort of acrobatics and handstanding. About three years ago I found Coach Sommer's Dragon's Door article and decided to get myself rings and started aiming for planche.

 

However, for various reasons I never really got past tuck planche and tuck front lever. I was stuck there for two years basically.

 

Then I decided to get Foundation and now, after about six months, I am so bewildered and awed how much I've managed to progress in comparison to those two-three years I sort of continued on the same plateau. I guess the most drastic feeling was when I looked at the very first front lever mastery, tried it and realized that my god, my core is _this far_ from the first foundation mastery requirements, and I thought I was in a good condition! :) 

 

Anyways, the road is long ahead of me, still doing baby steps, but it's a funny feeling that six months ago I couldn't do single good PPP and now I'm stacking 5x6 without too much trouble with clean form. Those kinds of realizations fuel the force that keeps you getting back to the basics and keep on going, holding true to form and taking the time. 

 

My dream of planche lives on!

 

Thank you for the forums, inspiration and guidance everybody and especially Coach! It's been a blast! :)

 

 

LIE

Wow glad for u buddy

Coach Sommer

Nicely said and you are quite welcome.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer