I was wondering what is a meaningful way to practice russian dips. I have solid basic dip strength, 15-20 normal dips and 5-7 ring dips per set, and can do a few almost complete handstand push ups, but the russian dip eludes me. I seem to lack the required strength to be able to fall on my elbows and push myself back to the low dip position.
Is the only way to go about this to just do the lowering part to a point where I still can control the movement and come back to dip position, and inch by inch progress towards lowering, or is the whole russian dip part mostly about momentum made by the whole body instead of pure controlled strength?
I guess this same lack in strength is also the biggest obstacle for me regarding the muscle up as I'd presume this similar movement is required in the transition phase?