Alternative to WYSIWYG editor?

Started by Joshua Slocum, July 12, 2013 · 3 Replies · 32,111 Views

Joshua Slocum

Are there any plans in the works to offer an alternative to the WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) editor for posts? I find that it's much easier for me to get the editor to do what I want when using explicit formatting (e.g.

[ /quote] blocks instead of the weird auto-indent thing). 

 

 

 

Cory Fair

The next major update to the forums improves the editor by quite a bit. I haven't seen the company who makes our software give a date yet, but until then you can toggle the light switch in the upper-left corner.

FredInChina
Cory Fair The Wizard said:

The next major update to the forums improves the editor by quite a bit. I haven't seen the company who makes our software give a date yet, but until then you can toggle the light switch in the upper-left corner.

Wonderful, it works, thanks Cory FAir... :)

Thanks for asking Joshua Slocum; I agree, the editor in rendition mode is a bit awkward.

Joshua Slocum
Cory Fair said:

The next major update to the forums improves the editor by quite a bit. I haven't seen the company who makes our software give a date yet, but until then you can toggle the light switch in the upper-left corner.

 

 

Awesome, thanks!