This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS Pe1 IM work

Started by Gripjj, July 12, 2013 · 6 Replies · 279 Views

Gripjj

When Im doing the Im work for HS Pe1 Im having problems getting a straight back. I get a rounded lower back as I lean forward more. It's not in the "focus points" to have a straight back, but as I see the athlete he is having a straight back so thats what I want to achieve to.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbrzCaJypzE&feature=youtu.be

 

Is this something that will get better with time while doing this exercise or should I incorporate more mobility work?

 

Any input appreciated. :)

 

 

Joshua Slocum

Your video is private, so only you can view it. If you don't want random people on youtube to be able to see it, you should change the privacy setting to 'unlisted', which makes it so that only people with the link can see it.

Keilani Gutierrez

the vid is private :)

 

and what I do during the lean to keep everything in order is to kind of replicate the feeling of "flat back" is the same as bending over to touch my toes. it makes the lean a little challenging, of course, depending on your hip mobility(im working on mine) it will impact your shoulder mobility. 

 

so stretching the pertinenent areas (hip flexors, glutes, etc etc) can indirectly-directly impact other parts of your bodies flexibility. 

Gripjj

Thanks keilanig! More stretching im sure is right way to go.

Fixed link.

Keilani Gutierrez
Gripjj said:

Thanks keilanig! More stretching im sure is right way to go.

Fixed link.

more stretching and perhaps starting a little bit more hollow. :)

john_c

I also find it very difficult to get a flat back and put the bar behind my head while cross legged, I can do it with my feet out front or very loosely cross legged. I started about 2 weeks ago and the first time I tried I thought I was going to break in half it felt that uncomfortable. It feels a lot better but I am still a long way off, but I know I have at least 10 weeks to work at it with stretching and practice.