Should I...?

Started by qball, February 4, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,174 Views

qball

So I started Lacrosse conditioning, and our coach is focusing mainly on endurance. We'll do suicides, and a variety of sprints and leg exercises. The most we do for upper body is 10-15 pushups, and some sit-ups. I've been working from out of Coach's Building A Gymnastic Body since Christmas. Would it be wise to continuing with my workout for my upper body, when I'm doing Lacrosse conditioning, and furthermore, when Lacrosse starts and we actually practice every day?

Blairbob

You should be fine taken into account proper rest, hydration and nutrition. Whether you work pistols and deck squats, etc is up to you but glute-ham stuff is still a good idea as well as working pistols in a manageable volume because of all the stresses on the joints in lacrosse due to quick changes, starts and stops.

qball

Im always sure to rest and nourish myself. And I'll work on a variety of pistols, as well. Thank you, I was just curious if I was able to work endurance on my lower body, while I worked on maximum strength from Coach's book on my upper body. But if I should be fine, I'll continue my routine