First day on paralettes - L-sit and tuck - Please comment :)

Started by Kai, February 3, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,401 Views

Kai

Got my shipment of PVC today, so I can finally do stuff on paralettes.

Anyway, when I was doing the static holds I thought I should take pictures to make sure that I was doing them correcly.

First of all, L-sit. Compairing the picture in the book and mine I notice my back is a bit arced. Not sure how to get it straight without legs dropping below 90. Is it because my hamstring are too stiff or some other parts are too weak? Any other comments?

_MG_1041.jpg

Tuck, could only maintain it for few seconds. Quite alot tension in my shoulder and wrist. Guess I'm not strong enougth for that yet so I should continue with ADV frog.

_MG_1045.jpg

Blairbob

Ball (tuck) planche looks decent but you might want to take it back a step so you don't suffer from too much stress because of it is too intense for you. You might simply not be ready for that intensity or could be that you will adapt over time ( or fail because it's too intense ).

AndrewTran

Cool, he is doing the same stances that Im doing at the moment :D , but i can hold the tuck for longer nows with arms straight,

Hi blair, if i keep using my pushup bars, would i still be able to do tuck planches on the ground? (like would my wrists snap or something lol)

matthew.percussion

A planche is more difficult on the ground than on parallettes because it is more difficult to balance and your hands are forced into a different angle.

Brandon

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It seems like it is a simple strength issue and you're right in line with the progressions listed in the book. Just stay consistent with your training and it will straighten out on its own in my opinion. I would be more concerned with your severe facial deformity! jk :D