Form check

Started by homegymnast, July 10, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,432 Views

homegymnast

So I took a step back to tuck planche because I didn't have enough scapula protraction (hollowbody) in my adv tuck planche because I never knew about it. So for the past 8 weeks I've been holding perfect hollowbody tuck planche for 4x15seconds and I can hold it for a max time of 40secs and I have to see if my adv tuck planche is correct before I move on

Does this look righttrim.Els4A7.MOV

Do I need a completely straight back?

aiken54

Your ball planche (depicted below)

post-4060-0-65733100-1373476219_thumb.jp

is where I think you should be concentrating your work for now. Work on very slowly flattening your back while maintaining proper protraction, along with other technical points such as straight arms, hips level with shoulders, and toes pointed (more of a good habit than a technical point). When you go into the flat tuck planche you put so much emphasis on straightening your back that you forget about protraction, either that or you just lack the strength to do it. Odds are the problem is in both. So for now work on slowly flattening your ball planche to the closest you can get to an adv tuck planche without losing proper form. If you are unsure of your form, feel free to post more videos in this thread and you can get assessment here.

 

On a side note, your protraction is the only weak point in your adv tuck planche; everything else looks great! 

homegymnast

Thanks man I appreciate it