This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoughts and questions on progressing

Started by gygez, July 8, 2013 · 11 Replies · 372 Views

gygez

Hi,

I have read through the F1 material a few times now and I think I understand the programming but would like a little clarification. Please excuse me if I am making this harder than it should be.

 

I am going to start my training with the very basics, with the exception of the FL/PE1  which I tested out of.

So, I would like to start my FL training on week 2 PE2, and everything else will be PE1 week one.

When I plug my info into the "create a new configuration" spreadsheet will I need to figure out the reps/times for the week2 PE2 FL after creating the spreadsheet? Since, If I hit the +1 week  button in the microcycle fine tuning,(which would bring my FL training to week 2) it adds a week for all progressions. If I understand correctly my first week of training would be 5x12s for FL/PE2 and all other exercises would be 3x3r or 3x12s.

Is this right, that the program won't customize my routine unless I start all progressions on week 1,5 or 9?

 

Also, I am assuming that when moving to a new progression, the sets/reps/times start over with week one according to the  cycles chart. For example week one RC/PE1 is 3x3r would it be the same 3x3r for week one RC/PE6?

Thank you for any input, I hope I have structured my questions in a coherent fashion. 

FredInChina
gygez said:
(...)  the program won't customize my routine unless I start all progressions on week 1,5 or 9? (...)

 

Always keep the deload weeks in synch ===>> this is probably why the software won't let you start one exercise at week 2 when the rest is at week 1.

:)

Vincearoo

That's right. Sync all deload days together, which means that you will have all of exercises starting in either week 1, 5, or 9.

gygez

Thanks.

So I should start my FL/PE2 on week one even though I feel like it is to easy? Which in turn will sinc all my deload weeks.

Does it make sense to figure out the reps/times for the week 2 PE2 so I am still being challenged  and stay with that for two weeks so I am still on a four week cycle or do I suck it up and progress a little slower with week one?

 

Also, was my thinking right in the second half of my question about reps/secs for new progressions?

I appreciate the help. I just feel like I am going to screw something up.

Jon Douglas

Its only a week. Don't lose sleep over it :-) you may also find you need that week to get fully comfortable with the movement. Or pick up week 2. If you arent straggling with it, it won't began issue as far as i can see.

And yes, the sets- reps start over. Again, test yourself on the movement first-- you may not need the full 12weeks on this one either

Jon Douglas

Addendum-- as you progress you'll find some exercises much easier ot harder than others, depending on what you've one before this, and it might not always be in the order you expect. That's where the testing comes in; the program hates you and doesn't let you stay with anything you find easy, only pushes you onto things you find hard :)

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

Addendum-- as you progress you'll find some exercises much easier ot harder than others, depending on what you've one before this, and it might not always be in the order you expect. That's where the testing comes in; the program hates you and doesn't let you stay with anything you find easy, only pushes you onto things you find hard :)

this. so this. 

gygez

Thanks a lot, I guess I should relax and enjoy the process. Can't wait to get underway.

Romulo

Sorry to " take a lift" on this thread, but since it's about progression I thought I could ask:

I just started F1 and I found everything very easy with the exception it should be done without rest. Just to confirm, I started from the very beginning and if I mastered everything, can I start PE 2 the next workout?

gohei_
Romulo said:

Sorry to " take a lift" on this thread, but since it's about progression I thought I could ask:

I just started F1 and I found everything very easy with the exception it should be done without rest. Just to confirm, I started from the very beginning and if I mastered everything, can I start PE 2 the next workout?

If you can perform PE1 with it's iM with no rest between sets and using correct form then yes you can move on to PE2.

Vincearoo
Romulo said:

Sorry to " take a lift" on this thread, but since it's about progression I thought I could ask:

I just started F1 and I found everything very easy with the exception it should be done without rest. Just to confirm, I started from the very beginning and if I mastered everything, can I start PE 2 the next workout?

Just to be clear, you do not have to start form the very beginning. If you can start at week 5 or 9 while taking the proper rests then that's where you should start. Fast tracking is also an important principle. Once you perform mastery sets of the PE and IM then go ahead and move on to PE2. Test yourself and you could possibly start PE2 at week 5 or 9. 

Zeclion

There was a post in a thread a while ago that I liked for testing what week you should start. It was something along the lines of:

 

If you can't complete 1 mastery set of the PE and iM > Start at Week 1

If you can't complete all 5 mastery sets of the PE and iM > Start at week 5

If you can complete all 5 mastery sets of the PE and iM but not with perfect form/ROM/tempo > Start at week 9

 

Not sure if this has been offically posted but I like it as a guide for where to start when you test the next PE.