Ankle weight making Manna easier?

Started by Guest, July 8, 2013 · 4 Replies · 9,353 Views

Guest

This is completely hypothetical, just wondering how the physics/other things at work would come into play. If I were to position myself in a perfect manna, and someone attached weight to my ankle, would it make it easier? It seems like because the weight would bring your legs down and back, your hips would maintain height without the same amount of work.

 

Just wondering. Thanks!

Jon Douglas

Maybe, but definitely not to press into the position.

Andreas

Just tried it and it felt different. Not easier, not harder, just different. 

 

I didn't have to work as hard as normally to keep the hips up, however I had to work harder in order to not fall backwards.

Guest
Charm said:

Maybe, but definitely not to press into the position.

Agreed!

 

 

Andreas said:

Just tried it and it felt different. Not easier, not harder, just different. 

 

I didn't have to work as hard as normally to keep the hips up, however I had to work harder in order to not fall backwards.

Interesting! Thanks for the feedback!

Alex Chubb

It might be useful for negatives. It would make the top position more doable and it would become progressively harder as you lower down.