Giants on high bar

Started by Guest, July 7, 2013 · 4 Replies · 1,923 Views

Guest

I've been doing giant on high bar with straps for a while now. I have both front and back giants. Now to my question. I've been doing these with gloves and straps, how would I go about it to eventually do them without the straps?

 

I have access to high bar over foam pit.

 

 

Cody

I'm not an expert, but I'd say try learning both front and back baby giants first. Then, after you have those down, go for it.

Also, I recommend getting grips if you don't already have any.

Joshua Slocum

Get to the point whee you're confident in your ability to complete a giant from a cast in the straps. Then try casting into a giant without the straps. Grips are a must. I wouldn't bother with baby giants; they're not really related. 

Blairbob

 Ideally, grips and a spotter.

 

 Otherwise, grips and a prayer.

 

 Training these on your own...just can't recommend that.

Daniel Burnham
Joshua Slocum said:

Get to the point whee you're confident in your ability to complete a giant from a cast in the straps. Then try casting into a giant without the straps. Grips are a must. I wouldn't bother with baby giants; they're not really related.

Agree with this though I have known people to learn with tape grips. Also have a coach go over the wrist shifting otherwise you will probably just slip off.