What are your favorite (bodyweight) lower back exercises?

Started by Sinom, July 5, 2013 · 12 Replies · 4,562 Views

Sinom

Hey guys,

 

What are your favorite (bodyweight) lower back exercises?

 

I don’t have access to a gym during the summer, so I need some good bodyweight options.

 

-Sinom- 

SuperBru

If you have purchased foundation 1 i'm sure theres one in there you'll like. :icon_twisted:  :icon_twisted:  :icon_twisted:  

Flameous

It's the long road of becoming a superman of course.

dritar

and after that a superman who rocks...

SuperBru

This just in...Superman quits after attempting F1

.superman-sleeps1.jpg

Sinom

Since I don't have F1 I got no idea what you guys are talking about! =)

3D Guy

ABH.....

 

it doesn't mean Arch body holds....

 

It means Again Back to Hell....  XD 

 

 

hahahaha

 

 

They are... magic? painful? a torture?   

I, just love and hate them

Blairbob

 Locust position.

 

 Weighted back extensions or weighted Headstand LegLifts.

Aadil Siddiqi

There's an awesome lower back exercise I came up with, which was inspired by Coach Carl Paoli's Planche progressions on YouTube. He does a band-resisted RLL in a straddle with a pause at the top. Here's how it goes:

Step 1: Take a resistance band and perform an Arch-Up. At the top hold the position anywhere from 5-60 seconds

Step 2: Wake up tomorrow wondering where you left your walker.

Let me know what it does for you.

Sinom

That sounds nice. I have used weight in my arms some times, which is also rough, but resistance bands should be better.

Sinom

Blairbob when you do headstand leg lifts. Are you supposed to strive to keep your back straight? I like the exercicse, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right, and I don't want to take any chances with the lower back.

Blairbob

 At the bottom, your back will round as you are compressed in a pike position thought it should straighten out as you lift toward vertical. At the top you should be hollow like a Handstand with your hips under/butt squeezed.

Sinom

Thanks for the tips Blairbob.