Planning a practice

Started by Vadim, July 4, 2013 · 0 Replies · 1,229 Views

Vadim

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and could not actually find anything specific on the topic so I would really like to know how to plan the practice in a smart way. Let me explain, I am an amateur diver, and also work on mobility and endurance at the moment, so the question is how to incorporate all this into practice.

 

 

I generally have 3 different ways to train 'on land':

 

1. General practice (most of the time it gets mixed though, depending on availability of equipment):

- general exercizes to warm-up 15-30min (running, jumping, dynamic stretching at a mid-pace, no extremes),

- rope-jumping, trampoline work, some tumbling, strength training, static holds 60min,

- diving-specific training, steps, hurdle, springboard work, take-offs, 30min,

 

2. Mobility practice:

- some running if possible or there were no other trainings earlier

- if there were no other trainings earlier, warm-up with 'easy' stretches which is not my max amplitude, 10-15m

- practice itself - pike, straddle, stretches, splits, back, mostly static holds by minute or so, 60min

 

3. Endurance practice:

- aerobic running, swimming 30-60min

 

Generally I try to do 1 then 2. 

On days without 1, I do 3 then 2.

If I feel lazy I might do 2 in the morning and 3 in the evening.

Sometimes I have to do 2 before 1 (warm-up, hard-stretching, practice).

I cannot dive for 2 months so I put the stress on mobility (middle splits is killing me, I want to nail it and later use it in warm-up), take-off and basic skills preparation.

 

I noticed:

If I do 2 then 1, I am not so powerful and agile.

If I mix strength with skill training (different kinds of it) it feels odd or different.

If I dive after 2 or 1, well.. it's better not to. 

 

What would 'perfect training' be like for a gymnast (including time to warm-up, circular training, strength, mobility, skill, how do you incorporate apparatus work with general preparation, how to deal with fatigue in skill training, if learning new element how to avoid the usual fatigue because it's better try 'fresh', is there any way to 'clear your head' if you are tired and overthinking even basic elements, how to plan a week, etc)? Or where can I read on the topic?

 

Thanks!