My Current Sprint Work and goals

Started by Fluidity, July 4, 2013 · 0 Replies · 2,327 Views

Fluidity

I wanted to make a thread regarding my sprint work and how I can possibly improve my anaerobic conditioning to insane levels. 

 

Right now I'm sprinting around 3-4 times a week, and I do the following sprint routine mentioned below

1 set of constant 35 meter sprints with 10 second rest between each sprint( I can currently do 18 of these at max)

6 sets of 30 second sprints with 3 minute rest intervals( I might decrease the rest intervals as time goes on)

Tabata sprint workout- four sets of four 20 second sprints with 10 second rest in between each sprint and 4 minutes of rest between each set.

 

Those are the sprint workouts I'm currently doing, and so far I've have decreased body fat significantly, along with that I managed to max out at a 4.3 40 yd dash done on a football field. 

 

My goals for the end of the summer is to decrease my 40 yd dash time, as well as be able to do 30 35 meter sprints done in the manner as mentioned above. I just want everyone's opinion on how I could improve my current sprint work and increase my explosiveness/speed and anaerobic endurance. I'm open to all suggestions as well as new sprint routines to add to my current sprint work.