This is a curious question.
I've re-injured a past injury of mines a couple weeks ago and have been doing physical therapy exercises that have been improving this injury on my right shoulder. (It's a shoulder impingement) However, these occured due to adding excessive weight on regular rings dips.
Now, I've noticed something after re-evaluating ring dips in general when I first started. I noticed that their was immence pressure on the right shoulder around where my subscapularis is. I've also tested and noticed the same pressure when doing bar dips.
I did 1 set of attempting bulgarian dips today after 2 weeks of pt to see how it is and to my surprise it feels absolutely pain free. A fellow poster "Keilani" posted in one of my topics of having the "structure" needed to perform a specific movement and this had me thinking, what if my shoulder girdle in general were not made to do dips in general, or at least, regular dips? This bugs me a bit since dips are my favorite upper body exercise and for 1-2 years the same pressure has always been on my right shoulder.
Is it alright that after I finished my pt that I should go ahead and replace regular ring dips with bulgarians?