This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Uneven stimulation

Started by Jonas H, July 2, 2013 · 5 Replies · 278 Views

Jonas H

Hey :)

 

When I do my hbp and rc pe`s I get such uneven stimulation between my left and right side. It feels as if my left side is going to burst because of the pump from pushups, but my right side just feels a little worked out.

 

My girlfriend is a physio therapist and she said I had a tiny bit of c curve on my spine. This is due to my right foot being a tiny bit longer than my left..

 

- Can this have a impact on the weight distribution on my arms when doing push ups or rows?

 

-Or is it that i`ve got more muscle activation with my left side?

 

I`ve been trying to tense my muscles on the right side throughout the day for a couple of weeks now, and this has made it a little better.

 

I`ve had my gf look at me while doing pushups aswell but there is really no visible difference when I do them. I feel as if my left arm lock out faster, but it isn`t until fatigue sets in on the last set.

 

My right elbow got hyperextended on mma a while ago. I had this problem before, but now im not able to lock out my elbow completely, it`s a really small difference, but maybe my body is unconsciouly putting less weight on this arm because of that injury? It doesn`t hurt anymore and it`s really just mobility that has effected to a small degree.

 

My concerns are that eventually my upper body will become uneven and lead to injury or mobility issues in the future. Has anybody else experienced something like this? I`ve been training with kettlebells and barbells for years, but this difference has been felt more while doing GST.

 

Im lefthanded.

 

Thanks for replies, this just became a wall of text, but it`s really bothering me.

FredInChina
Jonas H said:
(...) I`ve had my gf look at me while doing pushups (...)

 

You naughty naughty you! :D

P5yx

Just continue your workout without worrying to mutch. Your left side will catch up over time.

Daniel Burnham
P5yx said:
Just continue your workout without worrying to mutch. Your left side will catch up over time.[/quote

Not necessarily. In my case this has pretty much happened but I'm those with injury sometimes it takes additional rehab. Josh has spoken about it elsewhere on the forum. He may chime in here as well.

Jonas H
FredInChina said:

You naughty naughty you! :D

Yeh it was kinda hot. My gf thinks im dericous ;)

 

 

 

P5yx said:

Just continue your workout without worrying to mutch. Your left side will catch up over time.

 

This is what I hope for, but it`s not gonna happen that easily I think. Im not gonna stop training because of this, I just don`t like this feeling of becoming a fiddler crab.

 

I got some nice advise on pm, I will try it out, but if anyone has any insight about this feel free to help me! :D

 

Emanuele

Hello all, the PM advice was from me, for some reason I couldn't type a post on my pc with Windows xp and Explorer 8, just found out I can on my laptop with Windows 8 and Explorer 10 :) maybe I'm just dumb lol. Anyway I suggested him to look into stuff from the Postural Restoration Institute, I found the resources they have on their site very helpful for some sacroiliac problems I have (and in the "recent e-mails" section they suggest a relation to problems in the area and inguinal hernia - I had surgery for that some years ago too ). I used to do exercises from Egoscue but IMO these work better and in less time. Note that I have no qualification to give medical advice of any kind and I made that clear in the PM, but I'm very interested in this kind of things :) Anyway I suggested him to try this breathing exercise to improve right apical expansion and see if maybe that improves activation of the right chest/arm : http://robertsontrainingsystems.com/blog/warm-up/ ( the exercise is the one in the video in the "reset" section). And by the way thank you all if you actually read all this wall of text :).