Pop when doing L-sits

Started by Systemic, July 2, 2013 · 4 Replies · 5,514 Views

Systemic

I get these pops in my very lowest rectus abdominus (sometimes just right above my male organ) whenever I do L-Sits. Whether they are L-Sit pull ups, L-sits, Straddle L-sits, I still get them. I don't know why.

 

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening or if this is normal?

Joshua Naterman
Systemic

Thank you!

 

From what I can conclude is that my flexibility is probably the reason. When I do an L-sit and straddle my legs I seem to not have any problems (not a straddle L-Sit. Just a normal L-Sit with legs apart). I used to be able to hold an L-sit for 5x60s but now I just can't seem to hold it for long without feeling a discomfort in the spot.

 

Which flexibility exercises do you advise? Mostly hip or full body?

Joshua Naterman

Read those threads and follow the advice of those who have successfully achieved positive results.

 

I think this will include you working on the adductors (both flexibility and self-massage, whether foam rolling or with your hands or some other tool doesn't matter much in my opinion as long as it works for you), performing gentle long-duration (2 minute long) hip flexor stretches (try different stretches if you want, and use what works best for you. I would start with Kit Laughlin's hip flexor work, which you can find on his youtube channel. Search for that on Google), and a reduction in your L sit work so that you don't keep causing the pain.