Title says it all. How much time should we be leaving between each set of the wrist exercises?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Rest time between sets on wrist exercises
Started by Bipocni, July 2, 2013 · 18 Replies · 844 Views
i've been doing enough rest to accomodate a part of the "wrist novel movements" between sets. works for me now since im doing 4x4. at the fifth set though, i'll usually just leave it as it is take a step away from the wall, shake my wrists and continue.
i haven't been giant setting them for a while. this is my personal preference. sometimes i forget which set im in, when i giant set them, but it shouldnt be an issue for someone who doesn't forget from time to time. (i just write it down and put an x after every set.,
I've been splitting em up lately as part of my H1 warmup. Set 1 / wall HS / set 2 / overgrip dislocates / set 3 / wall runs / set 4 / undergrip dislocates / set 5 / current working element.
I always giant set em-- wrist PU, FKP, FTP, WR, and count sets as finished after the wrist rocks. There's no particular reason for me doing it this way apart from knowing that my warmup PE's and working sets are all obviously in HS and I want to break them up a littlee to keep the focus on what I'm doing that day, without just sitting around resting. I'm not yet one of those people who can do sets and sets of HS to warmup for great HS ![]()
I just giant set them. If you want to rest between sets, would try to take no more than 20-30 seconds.
I'm the same I just giant set them. Do them back to back shake my hands and repeat
I like giant sets as well, 2x10 slow reps with stretching before, between and after each set.
In between each giant set I like to do 2x10 wrist circles for each wrist, both directions. Sort of like an iM.
I do them as a giant set. To help remember which set I'm in I alternate which hand I start on. 1st set is right hand 2nd set I start on the left etc etc. Hope that helps.
Hi all,
I'd like to ask, regarding this topic, what should I rest between the PE/SE and iM ? Does this course work like F1 for showing mastery to an element (like no rest bt PE/SE and iM) or is It different?
Thank you for you answers,
Have a nice day!
Federico
Federico Pregnolato said:Hi all,
I'd like to ask, regarding this topic, what should I rest between the PE/SE and iM ? Does this course work like F1 for showing mastery to an element (like no rest bt PE/SE and iM) or is It different?
Thank you for you answers,
Have a nice day!
Federico
warm up, once you commence your H1 WOD you perform a PE for the allotted time and move onto the iM, complete the iM's reps/time and move back to the PE until you finish the days designated work.
you will find this info contained within the handstands volume. read it ![]()
Thank you for your answer. I read the HS course, but I can't find a precise indication, perhaps it's my fault, otherwise I wouldn't ask.
Anyway, glad to know that it works like F1 course. I have to rethink everything I've done so far.
Have a nice day!
Federico
It doesn't work exactly like foundation series. With hs series coach said it is okay to take a bit of rest between sets as this is skill training. In saying that though I think if you can build up to mastering these exercises with no rest like foundation you will probably be better off but if you need the rest so you can keep perfect form then take the rest as needed.
If I understood this wrong someone feel free to come in and correct me. Personally I won't consider myself having mastered the h1 until I can do the final exercise and the ims all sets back to back without rest.
I do them as giant sets but between the sets I do some previous handstand elements and iMs.
Id really like to hear from Coach regarding this it seems that the general consensus is to do the exercises in a giant set - circuit style if you will...
But, is it better to repeat the exercises until the required sets? It does state that you should repeat the exercise the required number of times in a row, and if you can not then that means you have not yet achieved mastery of that weeks particular requirements for 'mastery'...
some clarity here would be highly appreciated.
If you don't do them as a giant set then you have to rest between the sets anyway because otherwise it would end up being 1x25 reps so why not so the other wrist exercises like an I'm or pair them. Either way I'm pretty sure this came up in an older thread and it was officially stated that giant sets are a good way to go although it was a while ago so this could be bad memory but it definitely came up before and the same response of giant sets was given.
Im doing them as normal sets, but between each set i'm doing some previous iM. I change the iM after each set.
Yeah, I also just giant set through them now after experimenting with some different arrangements
leo said:Id really like to hear from Coach regarding this it seems that the general consensus is to do the exercises in a giant set - circuit style if you will...
But, is it better to repeat the exercises until the required sets? It does state that you should repeat the exercise the required number of times in a row, and if you can not then that means you have not yet achieved mastery of that weeks particular requirements for 'mastery'...
some clarity here would be highly appreciated.
you can do them giant set or do one and go to the next.
for the wrist stretches, he also mentioned that you can do a pulse or a momentary hold, so you can mix them up every once in a while. ![]()
I've started running through them as a giant set, but I do a set of dislocations between every round.