This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weights for iMs

Started by P5yx, July 1, 2013 · 4 Replies · 238 Views

P5yx

Hey guys,

 

is there a general rule when to increase weights for the iMs?

Most of the iMs tell you the minimum weight to master the element.

But when do you increase the weights?

 

My idea was to increase whenever i've mastered the iM with a specific weight, if

a) i still didn't master the coresponding PE

b) i use the iM togehter with the corresponding PE in my warmup

 

Any thoughts?

 

so long

p5yx

Joshua Slocum

Yeah, basically if you've mastered the iM with your current weight, add a small amount on top of that and work your way back up to mastery. 

Norbert Marko

May I ask what iM do you have in mind specificly?
Also, I tought that the weights are serving one purpose, and it is reaching the desired ROM, then why should I increase the weight?
Am I missing something?

P5yx

Nothing in specific, just in general.

trw
Norbert Marko said:

May I ask what iM do you have in mind specificly?

Also, I tought that the weights are serving one purpose, and it is reaching the desired ROM, then why should I increase the weight?

Am I missing something?

The reason is to increase strength in that ROM. I can't think of a reason not to do it outside of injury.