This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elbow Soreness for RC/PE6 - Normal or Bad Positioning?

Started by mm356, July 1, 2013 · 3 Replies · 131 Views

mm356

I'm getting some pretty good soreness around the funny bone of both elbows when doing the long static holds for RC/PE6.  I've never had this before when doing regular pullups, so I was just wondering if this is a natural thing for this exercise since it may potentially be building up tendon/ligament strength more than short duration pullups, or if perhaps it suggests my grip is too wide/narrow.  I position my hands slightly wider than shoulder width.

 

Anybody else run into this?

Jon Douglas
mm356 said:

I'm getting some pretty good soreness around the funny bone of both elbows when doing the long static holds for RC/PE6. I've never had this before when doing regular pullups, so I was just wondering if this is a natural thing for this exercise since it may potentially be building up tendon/ligament strength more than short duration pullups, or if perhaps it suggests my grip is too wide/narrow. I position my hands slightly wider than shoulder width.

Anybody else run into this?

I got a little tightness, reminiscent of getting my first few muscle ups. That transitioned into a nearly painful biceps pump as through next stumbling block for me.

Those aren't elbow soreness though. if you are experiencing actual pain then you should back off first of all, and try to get a better idea of what it is imo. Before anything that takes longer to heal than a slight back off occurs

mm356

I'd call it more soreness than pain since I don't notice it during the actual exercise, but instead I notice it immediately after I let go from each set and straighten my arms out.  I'll tinker around with different positions and stuff and see what happens.  Was wondering if it was just me or if it might be common for this type of progression.

Cole Dano

It's not unheard of.

 

Back off on the duration of the hang and slowly build it back up. You may need to repeat a microcycle more than once.