This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Project Management Tools

Started by Cole Dano, July 1, 2013 · 0 Replies · 5 Views

Cole Dano

I spent quite a bit of time last week looking through the multitude of PM tools.

 

For us one stood out because 

 

Do.com

 

- It's free (with possible paid upgrade)

- Easy to use

- Powerful and flexible

- Able to discus within projects and tasks

- Easy to make notes

- Can turn emails directly into tasks (i.e. someone sends you an email, you can forward that mail to do.com and add it as a task or note!)

 

There were no perfect options but combined with just two other tools this should serve us for a while

If we don't like it not big deal there are many choices out there, but this was by far the easiest to use and at the same time most flexible.

 

invites have been sent to everyone

 

Brief overview of the app -

 

http://web.appstorm.net/reviews/project-management/manage-projects-easily-with-do-com/

 

Message me if you have any problems

 

Two other tools I recommend we use with this -

 

iCal

- Since we are all on Mac /iPhone / iPad there is no reason we can't make and share calendars. The app above has no native calendar, but I actually prefer it this way

 

MindNode 

- Mind node is by far the easiest to use Mind Mapping software out there, and for that reason the one I actually use when doing my own brainstorming.

 

It's the only piece of the puzzle that costs upfront if you want it on iPhone or iPad. There is a free light version for Mac which I use, but would not mind the features of the pro.

 

The Mac version has a number of features the iOS version doesn't so it's worth a look

 

I recommend we buy the full version on both platforms for everyone interested.

 

http://mindnode.com

 

iOS $9.99

 

OS X $19.99