My knee mobility is awful. I had Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD) for a year. OCD is basically a degradation of the cartilage from lack of blood flow. It doesn't get enough nourishment and dies. This has since been resolved and I am now able to do SLS work! However, there's a problem. When I do handstands, no matter how hard I try I notice that my legs do not look straight. They cannot lock out. This is because with OCD, my knee hurt like hell to lock out, due to a lesion of thin cartilage, and I therefore didn't lock it out too often due to the pain. So now I am paying the price with a not so mobile knee joint!
What are some drills I could do to fix this? I want my movement to look pretty, and my body to work well. Plus, I'm not looking to get OCD again, and would like to keep consistent blood flow in this area, which just won't happen if I lack ROM.
My lack of full knee lockout is demonstrated in this video of my press handstand. I was actively straightening my legs throughout the movement, yet they maintain a slight bend.
The (bad) stalder press begins at 0:15. Please forgive my high back lever, awful round off, and that strange aerial looking flip thing
My round off has improved greatly, and my back lever is completely level now. That aerial thing just kinda happened one day and I thought it was kinda cool.
It's not too bad when I stand, yet it is still there. It seems to not be as prominent in an L sit strangely. Either that, or it's a fluke of angle.



