This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2

Started by aiken54, June 30, 2013 · 10 Replies · 262 Views

aiken54

I skipped this progression for the reason of crushing my manhood in more than one way. After hearing about the struggles of this progression, and my weakness in PE1, I know I need to do this progression. Skipping progressions is stupid and cheap, plus my arch position still needs work. 

 

My question is this, how can I do Arch Body Rocks without crushing my pelvic regions?

 

 

SuperBru

This is a vey good question. When I tried these in the past man my junk didn't want any more. 

Keilani Gutierrez

I've experimented with doing them with compression shorts and leaving my junk in the middle instead of off to the side like...well a side pipe :P

FredInChina
aiken54 said:

(...)  crushing my pelvic regions?

 

Did you mean pubic regions? :)

aiken54

If you wanna be more specific then sure! I'm not sure the censorship here, but saying 'junk' could be a lot clearer. Oh well, my point is made and the question is out there.

FredInChina
aiken54 said:

If you wanna be more specific then sure! I'm not sure the censorship here, but saying 'junk' could be a lot clearer. Oh well, my point is made and the question is out there.

 

??

It is that the pubis is in the front, and the pelvis in the back... (most times anyway........) :)

A video would help to understand how you manage to crush your pelvis doing ABR?

Jon Douglas

Yes, this is simply an issue requiring trial and error. Yoga matt is your friend.

Edit: that plus if you have good arch, like HBR, it tends to be a lot smoother. Rolling over sensitive areas strategically placed is not as bad as smacking em each rep

aiken54

So... I took some time off, I.E got lazy for a prolonged amount of time and had to retest mastery for everything and GUESS WHAT! I failed PE1 so I redid that. Somehow kept everything else.... Anyways. 

 

Now I'm done with PE1 and now PE2 time rolls around and same problem. Strategic placement is not enough. I arch as much as possible, and the roll is smooth, but it just hurts. 

MattProulx

I had this same problem when I started doing them 3 months ago, and overtime when I got better at them any discomfort went away, I actually mastered them on tuesday and had not a single rep squish any soft stuff. I think the less you use legs for momentum the less discomfort you get. Too much unneeded movement causes this I think. I must say this is now one of my favorite elements and I intend on doing it as warmup from now on.

lnick1975

Try duct tape, you can fix anything with that stuff.

HamdiC

I had the same issue for months!

 

I really hated this element because of that. However I figured out I had to do a "tuck" of my junk as everyone mentions, and then maintain complete contraction in my hips/glutes in order to keep everything in the tuck... if you get what I mean. The problem I had was everything would fall out of the tuck and then would get squished. So, I had concentrate on contracting to hold the "tuck".

 

That had the side effect of strengthening my overall contration for holding the arch, and also completely frying my glutes... pushing me back to week 1, but now after a few months of drudgery I finally broke through and now just passed week 8, with my glutes having been much more strengthened by having to "hold" everything back there. I also wear nice thick sweat pants and do the element on a carpet. But basically it required me to train my glutes/hips to contract hard and long enough to keep everything tucked away safely.