Protein Pulses.

Started by Tavis G, June 29, 2013 · 6 Replies · 3,092 Views

Tavis G

Hey guys, going great! How do you feel about protein pulsing with whole milk instead of whey? When i get up in the morning, i usually drink 1 cup of green tea, then about a half an hour later drink milk. 20 ounces of it=20 g protein, 20 g fat, something like 35 g carbs. Do you guys think the protein in milk get absorbed fast enough? I am asking because i read how powerful protein pulsing can be, and i dont want to go buy whey.. I have lost i a LOT of fat. Veins running out of my tris now, abs, legs and shoulders and chest and i mean a lot of them. I have lost the fat and gained some muscle, but i am looking to step the muscle a bit, my diet is spot on now after adjustments. I am just looking to add this to boost muscle a bit. 20 ounces after green tea, 20 ounces PWO with fish oil and multi+ Beta-Alanine and cycled off creatine a week ago, 20 ounces before bed with some cherries. Does this seem good to you all?

gohei_

The protein mix in milk is both whey and casein I believe, so compared to whey powder it would be slower. I think it's something like 70% casein and 30% whey, could be the other way around though.

Tavis G

Yes i know it is a mix, i think it will work to an advantage though. 80-70% casein, 20-30% whey. The whey may be absorbed fast enough for amino acids to rise significantly, and the casein to sustain it. I just need some other opinions to confirm this.

Joshua Naterman

30 ounces of milk would probably be a little better, but if you like how it is working then stick with it. At your age, just get protein in frequently and eat a lot of food.

Elliot

For one the fat will slow the absorbtion

Tavis G

Cells also absorb more nutrients when fatty acids are present.

Blairbob

 Milk digests rather slowly all in all compared to whey. It has to break down to whey and casein and go from there.