This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Xiaopengnepoaix

Started by Joshua Slocum, June 29, 2013 · 6 Replies · 423 Views

Joshua Slocum

 

 

:D

FredInChina

hahaha, very funny...

- Keep your arms straight at all times.

- Your feet getting off the floor signal a lack of mobility "somewhere"... :P

 

More work is required for mastery.

Daniel Burnham

Yea. I would do this some to save time.

And seriously. Straighten your arms :)

Joshua Naterman

I have not played with this variation yet... I have thought about it several times, and shot it down as not being a good idea. I suppose it wouldn't be bad if the arms stayed straight.

Jon Douglas

I think this came up before... i found that i don't reach quite as far across when i try using both.

Joshua Slocum

Yeah, as a mobility exercise it's not so great, because (as you can see) it's difficult to focus on form when doing both ways at once. I was just happy to get the hand-orientations right.

Coach Sommer

In my opinion, while fun, this exercise also compromises ROM.   Notice that both arms display insufficent rotation of the humerus at the top of the movement.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer