This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just started doing the GB F1 program

Started by rohanpanda, June 28, 2013 · 3 Replies · 154 Views

rohanpanda

What kind of equipment will I need? I used my sofas/chairs/tables (just did very first workout today), and i noticed that maybe getting a set of TRX rings might be useful. Any suggestions for any other equipment I will need throughout the rest of the course? 

 

Otherwise I'll go ahead and look at every exercise in the program and take a look

 

Thanks!

Vincearoo

I hope you mean gymnastic rings, not a trx.

Jon Douglas

You definitely need rings, stall bars and parallel bars (or creative substitutes) for F2 work, along with what's in F1.

Joshua Slocum

There are really only three essentials for the Foundation course:

 

1. A pair of rings. TRX is nothing more attempt to sell rings at higher price. There is literally no good reason to choose TRX over plain old rings. A good pair of exercise rings will cost you on the order of $30-$80. TRX starts at about $150. 

 

2. You're going to need a set of stall bars, or a similar aparatus. 

 

3. You're going to need a set of bars you can do dips on. 

 

Pretty much everything else can be improvised in one way or another. Outside of the essentials, there are a couple things that you're likely to use quite a lot, where dedicated equipment is nice to have:

- a furniture slider (used for planche leans and hamstring work)

- a set of adjustable dumbells (used frequently for mobility work)

- a yoga mat, if you don't have a soft surface for the ground work