This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Instructor Database for website users

Started by Nic Branson, June 28, 2013 · 12 Replies · 25 Views

Nic Branson

As we certify people we should consider having a searchable or sorted DB so people can look for instructors in their area.

It helps both our own people and the spreading of the brand.

I know this works for DD.

Cole Dano

Nic seeing as you're full of good ideas today. I've made a final decision on the team/project management system to use. I just need to set it up and send the invites.

 

Once I get it out to we can all have a place to keep our good ideas so they don't get lost in the shuffle.

 

I'm eating now, then need to run some errands, after that I'll send it out.

Cory Fair

Already on the agenda down the road, just doesn't do any good until we have enough certified people.

Nic Branson

Contrary, the moment we get any we should. It's added motivation that is visible for people to start working towards it.

Cory Fair
Nic Branson said:

Contrary, the moment we get any we should. It's added motivation that is visible for people to start working towards it.

 

Promote/highlight on the forums, yes. A database I'm not so sure about. How does it look to a complete newcomer to see only 2-3 instructors?

Nic Branson

Many places have started that way. It's just shows we are starting to promote our system and that now is a good time to get on board as you would be one of the first instructors. Less competition. It also shows that we fully support our people.

Cole Dano

I'd agree with Nic on this, everything we can do to build trust will make it easier for others to start the program

 

That's potential affiliates, trainers and clients, all want to see there is a tangible network out there.

Coach Sommer

I agree.  Let's not wait.  Let's really highlight the expertise of the GB Athletes and GB Coaches so that others are hungry to follow suit.

 

Back in the day, CrossFit started off by listing them one by one.  Initially the first lists were microscopic.

Cole Dano

It wouldn't have to be anything fancy at first.

 

That whole side of the site needs to be developed as well, but first things first, the front page work that is underway being top priority IMO.

Nic Branson

Right now a single page with a list of names and State/City. Something along those lines.

I've seen ones where they list all the states but only have 2-3 names total. All the sudden trainers look and see $$$ as there are none close to them so they want to capitalize early on doing something new.

Cory Fair
Nic Branson said:

Right now a single page with a list of names and State/City. Something along those lines.

I've seen ones where they list all the states but only have 2-3 names total. All the sudden trainers look and see $$$ as there are none close to them so they want to capitalize early on doing something new.

 

That's more a page of bios with contact info and not a database :P

Nic Branson
:P well the DB is a bit much right now. Page is less work, no reason to have a searchable DB at this point. You knew what I was getting at....
Cole Dano

Yeah, the search function might be redundant there ;)