Adv. Planche Evaluation

Started by JB_, June 28, 2013 · 2 Replies · 1,944 Views

JB_

Hey Guys

Been working hard on planching lately. I've been working at it on and off for the past twoish years, but only correctly training for the last 3/4 year. I've been making slow progress with the at the advanced planche and can't seem make substantial gains with my straddle planche. I'd eventually like to get the full planche, but it seems pretty far out- at this rate.

The attached photo is a straddle planche from a while ago, before I completely focused on scapular protraction. 

 

I also put together a video of some of my planche work from today. 

If my form is correct, should I start adding more volume or increasing the frequency of planche work?
 

post-4597-0-42001200-1372387455_thumb.jp

ausswe

I'm very far from competency with the planche but from what I can see you should probably go back to tuck planche and build up some time in that position. It looked like you need to protract more and your hips were dropping a bit as well. Or you could get foundation series and not have to worry about planing anything as the program is laid out very well and will get you a solid straddle.

thecolin

I'm not an expert either, I'm just leaning this stuff myself, but it looks to me like even your planche lean could use some work. To my untrained eye it looks like you need more protraction and lean. And when you do it on the rings you look way too piked.