Ring Sequences

Started by jwalker497, June 26, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,868 Views

jwalker497

I search youtube on a daily basis to get ideas for movements or strings of movements i can start to incorporate into my training. For example, i saw someone go from a /bent arm stand and lower themselves to the inverted hang. Another example is Lsit fall back to inv hang. Aside from the MU, Rolls and kips are the any other transitions kip movement sequences like this that i can begin ti work on? Eventually i would like to string a routine together an incorporate that into my workout.

Guest

kip maltese  :D

Guest

if you haven't already, start doing swings. If you cannot swing you have no routine

Blairbob

 Look at the USAG compulsory routines Levels 3/4-7.

 

 You'll see L hang and pullup, 1/2 skin the cat, MU, L-sit back roll to basket, BL, pullup to FL then front pull, press to shoulderstand/HS, etc.

 

 You can also see the basic ring sequences on the GymnasticBodies youtube channel.

jwalker497
Blairbob said:

 Look at the USAG compulsory routines Levels 3/4-7.

 

 You'll see L hang and pullup, 1/2 skin the cat, MU, L-sit back roll to basket, BL, pullup to FL then front pull, press to shoulderstand/HS, etc.

 

 You can also see the basic ring sequences on the GymnasticBodies youtube channel.

 

I cant seem to find these movements, do you know where I can see some videos?

Blairbob said:

I cant seem to find these movements, do you know where I can see some videos?  Sorry I dont know how to get this off quote

 
Blairbob

 Yeah, that's why I don't use the quote function. I haven't quite figured it out so oh well.

 

 Search youtube. There are a gazillion JO routines WAG or MAG all levels there.

 

 level 4/5/6/7/8/9/10 boy's gymnastics routines (event) (usag)

 

 http://www.ngja.org/jo/archived-updates.html?limitstart=0