I recently switched to doing Back levers with Palms down as they appear to be harder and the propet form.
Prior to this i had been doing them palm up and had worked up to halflay, straddle, ad 1 leg.
Today i tried a straddle with palms down and i felt a tremendous strain in what felt to be the bicep elbow area. I stopped that move but I continued doing them with palms down but in lesser progressions ie tuck and adv tuck variations. The tendon strain was there but not unbearable. I finished my workout and didnt notice any other issues. My elbow bicep feels fine, but i do have some slight discomfort when i completely straighten my elbow and try to mimic the position it was in during the BL.
I am still new to the joint factors that come with this style of training so i wanted to get your feedback if this type of strain or feeling is common and or what i should do moving fwd. obvoilsy i need to stay with the lower progressions bit Im curous if its possible to agrivate, stretch a tendon or ligament without actually doing any damage to it.
I didnt have any pain today, only when i try to mimic the move do i feel some slight discomfort but its very mild. In fact i just jimpe on the rings an did a tuck BL with palms down and i felt a slight strain there but nothing to stop me feom doing it and afterwards i felt some discomfort bit nothing major.
I just want to get your take on what i experienced.L becuase u guys are much more familiar and experienced with this stuff.
Thanks